Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Market Finds.....

 Dia Duit (Hello), On Saturday, DH and  I felt like a day out, what were we going to do???
DH brain wave, was let us go to the Black Market, a Rubble and Riches type market in Melbourne, not my idea of a day out. My thoughts were, a leisurely lunch, at a cafe by the beach.
Yes, DH won out.When we arrived DH made a beeline for every tool stall, that was on the market site. I trailed along. On the way out, on the last isle,  was a junky stall, I spied the magazine holder, pictured above, the price A$4-00. A bargain, as it is very well made, however it needed a very good scrub, and a touch of paint. It was lunchtime, and DH asked would I like a hot dog for lunch, my response was not likely.
Instead of the lunch I envisioned, we shared a bag of hot jam donuts.
Slañ, O'faigh

3 comments:

Merilyn said...

What a great find! and such a good price, I love these old fashioned items!! Just right for all your quilt magazines!!!

Vickie said...

gawjus item..pffft a hotdog indeed,cheers Vickie

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lucky and beautiful find!