Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Friday, 23 September 2011

Market Finds

 1st Visit
 2nd Visit
 3rd Visit
Dia Duit, I sometimes wonder, what I could be thinking at times???Is it because one is growing older, and you have alot of brain chatter, going on?????or in this day and age, we do far too much.Think about it, it was so different in the time of our Mothers, Grandmothers, and Great Grandma's.
Recently, I was at a loose end, no current workload for me, everyone at home, was at work. I set off in my little car, had little dog with me, he was in his element. First, we went for a run to the beach, had to have little dog on a very short leash. I think he would have swam to Tasmania, if I let him. He had a grin from ear to ear.One happy, little dog. Dropped into the man, and had a sanga with him. His job, is very busy and stressful at times.
Now what to do, hmm the Antique Market. It was not a very warm day, little dog snoozed on the back seat.

When one is fossicking, you never know what you will find. I can honestly say, it is the first time, I have found some Textiles, at this place.I figured, the fabric, is in the eighties, when patchwork, took off in a big way, here in Oz. The three blocks, are hand stitched.The small quilt, is obviously a wreath colour wash quilt.

Initially, I was fussy on my first visit and chose what is in the first picture. I came home, put them in my stash.
Then, I started thinking, I should have taken what is in the second picture. Next day, made a beeline for the stall, and purchased them, added them to my stash.Now, you can understand my initial comment in this post,what was I thinking? Yes, I actually, went back the next day, for the third time and purchased what was left.

The moral of my post, is I should have purchased, all of it on my first visit.

Slañ, O'faigh

3 comments:

Merilyn said...

I love the romantic prints in these blocks, how nice to have been their rescuer! They have gone to a good home, I can't wait to see what you do with them!! I've been known to go back to somewhere too the next day to get what I should have in the first place LOL!!!!

Vickie said...

yep these had your name on them..still waiting for you on your return trips,cheers Vickie

Simone de Klerk said...

The other moral: if you do it in steps, you are able to feel the joy three times (o: