Sunday, 9 October 2011

Hexagon's.....hooked, line and sinker.......

 Muire dhuit, my idea was to make a dilly bag, from the hexagon flowers, however, the shape had me stumped.....I was becoming quite frustrated, as I had to do some unpicking.
I must have been doing quite alot of sighing......as DH asked me what was wrong.
DH worked out to form the corner shapes, I needed pentagons, not hexagons, that was why it would not work for me.....
DH kindly, made the paper shapes for me, hopefully, tomorrow, I can sew in the lining and handles.
I will have another try, down the track , to try and form the shape of a dilly bag...
Tonight, I will be taking out the papers.
Slãn, O'faigh

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh I have had that happened before when DH has come ot my rescue, I am so happy yours was good..nothing worse then sighing and sighing only fills us up with air..it is looking grand by the way..cheers Vickie

KaHolly said...

Well, now, he's a keeper!! I m looking forward to seeing the bag when it is finished!!

Cheryll said...

What a clever little hubby you have!
I'm sure your bag will turn out perfectly! :)

Allie said...

How wonderful of him to come to your rescue - this is going to be darling!

Merilyn said...

What a great solution, I would never have thought of that LOL! I'll store that one away for some future time!! Your little dilly bag looks very yummy with all those beautiful hexies, the fabrics are gorgeous!!!!

shez said...

hope it works out okay for you,lovely colours

Simone de Klerk said...

Mmmm, I missed this post. What a beautiful bag!!! Lucky you have your DH to help you!!