Sunday, 27 November 2011

Christmas Decoration Time.....

Dia Duit, recently I received the lovely candle mat from Bev at Kainga Happening, we were Exchange buddies. I have had the little wooden tree for two seasons and it is decorated with Folk Art Painted Cotton Reels, little wooden Easter Eggs,Miniature Kimono's, Golden thongs and lastly the little Metal Angel my boss gave to me some years ago.
On the way home from work on Friday night, I called in to pick up DH car magazine, across the road is a gorgeous gift shop. On the counter were the Lolly Christmas Trees, and the little gingerbread house....the last few weeks I have been banging on about our budget to DH.......with Christmas coming along....so did not purchase them........I am out of sorts.....and normally decorate the house from top to bottom.......so this year the fireplace and dining table will have to do.......I guess too much has happened  to my family this year...I have run out of steam........yesterday morning......DH had to go into town....so I tagged along.........now when I sprout the words.....I have been thinking......grin....you need to watch out....yes....DH kindly took me to the gift shop .....and I made my purchase.......I love lollies and have done so since I was four years old......it is a wonder I have any teeth left.....with all that sugar over the years.......it was the colouring and concept of the little tree's that drew me in.
SlaƱ , O'faigh

8 comments:

KaHolly said...

It looks perfect on your new mat! Don't feel badly about not decorating from top to bottom. It's what's in your heart that counts.

Cheryll said...

What a wonderful tree sitting on a lovely mat! This is such a different decoration.. I LoVe it! :)

Allie said...

How darling!!! Sometimes dear girl, we just need a little treat - I'm so glad you got them. The little candle mat is darling too!

shez said...

oh Lyn this table looks so pretty with everthing on it,and how lovely that hubby did that for you.

Bev C said...

Hello Lyn,

Oh I was thinking!!!! Love that. Enjoy those lollies. You only live once.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Merilyn said...

A lovely little tree Lyn!!! Sometimes less is more, I'm glad you got your little treasure, you deserve it girl.....

Vickie said...

That looks so pretty and with lollies to boot hmmmm,I won't be putting the tree up this year and the decorations will be in the form of a couple of statues a chirstmas doll and christmas table runners,cheers Vickie
p.s. love your way of thinking..

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Sooo pretty. I love lollies too. One can never have enough sugar can we?