Friday, 18 November 2011

Colonial Rose...making progress.....

Dia Duit, I thought you would like to see the progress on Colonial Rose.....I am working on the outer white border......and managed to sew one of the strips out of the four...at quilting today...I was shocked to see it was 12 and I had not put a stitch in the hexagon's....caught up with a few friends....browsed the library.......it all ended far too soon..... I have the giggles at the moment ......it is near teatime....I am cooking a roast with all the trimmings....as DD and BF are for tea......it is customary for me to make my famous apple pudding......
I put all the ingredients in the bowl........and could not work out why it would not mix...the butter was lumpy and the eggs would not blend in......I cheated this time and used a packet mix for the cake part of it...normally I start from scratch....but have runout of sugar....shopping is not until next Friday....so I will not do extra running or shopping until the designated day....

I checked the cake mix packet and read the label on the plastic bag and it said icing sugar....blimey...what to do...throw it out or rescurrect it.......yep........I just added flour ...did a taste test...and viola........it is cooking as I do this post........next post I will let you know if the family picks up on my variation to the mix....grin...
SlaƱ O'faigh

7 comments:

shez said...

thats funny Lyn,cant wait to see if they noticed,lol,your quilt is stunning Lyn,well done,each step closer to the finish

Merilyn said...

You've done a lot of work on this already, my goodness, it's going to be awesome!!!
Good luck with dinner tonight and with the other as well!

Bev C said...

Hello Lyn,

Lovely quilt, I am sure your sweets dish will turn out alright. I made Anzac biscuits this week and forgot the sugar, I only realised once they were all on the oven tray. Didn't worry about adding the sugar, after in wartime they would have had to go without sometimes.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Terry said...

Colonial Rose is looking wonderful! You're so close to being finished with it! :0)

Allie said...

Your Colonial Rose is looking marvelous!! Oh what a lot of stitching. That's too funny about the cake mix....good for you on the rescue, I hope it worked!

Charlie and Wendy said...

Hi O faigh, I just found your site from Shez's, your colonial rose quilt is gorgeous and your blog is lovely. I love your funny story about the pudding, how did it turn out? Wendy

Yvette said...

Your Colonial Rose is so beautiful! Everything on your blog is just wonderful, I look forward to seeing more.