Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Friday, 4 November 2011

My little Buddy is gone......RIP little buddy...

Dia Duit, I have great sadness today....I am heartbroken and have to write these words.......do not read any further....if you wish........
Monty, has been out of sorts ...this past week, we put it down to him being a Grandpa Dog...
The meanie pause has reared it's ugly head, with me, this week, so I have been laying low....I was tired of being in the house, the little fellah, stuck pretty close to me.....
He loves the Morry and the beach, and I thought it would be good to have a walk on the beach and have lunch with DH. He loves snuffling at the beach and the jetty......as we travelled....I thought he was tired....
I was unable , to get him to walk on the jetty, I picked him up in my arms and took him to DH....he went limp and  his eyes were closed......I gave him to DH and he said he will be ok.......I rushed him to the vet......unless you have a dog....I guess you will not know the pain I have....he was his own dog, no one owned him........
I have written a short story of Monty's antics, he had a bucket load of charcter and everyone loved him..
As the afternoon wore on, he condition worsened, the hardest thing was he knew, he was so quiet, I had the hard decision of what to do........I did the most humane thing for my little dog.....but it doesnot stop me feeling I have betrayed his trust and I feel guilty......the diagnosis was, he had vey little red blood cells left....his body was fighting within its self....they think cancer or leukemia..he had tests and they wanted to do more.....I could not put him through anymore...I rang DH, and DD came........I could not do it alone......as he passed he looked at me...DD comment as we said goodbye to him...Mum at least he has dignity.....over the years sometimes decisions can be hard...to be honest I cannot stop crying..........Hugs

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi, I have found your blog via Cheryls blankets of love. I have tears in my eyes for you and your little dog. Its great you have wonderful memories and have been able to write about them. Kathy

KaHolly said...

So, so sorry, Lyn. Such a difficult thing to go through. I'm sure he knew all of his life what a lucky pup he was to be part of your family.

shez said...

oh my heart goes out to you,i can feel your sadness,Monty is in a happy place now and not suffering anymore,what you did was stop Monty from suffering anymore,he would be so proud that you gave him peace and no more pain.he will be folicking around in a grassy paddock free as a bird with a smile on his face.
You know Lyn he has left you and your family with wonderful and some funny memories and you have those forever.RIP little Monty.ox

Merilyn said...

I am so sorry you have lost your little mate, Monty..
What a sad post to have to write, what a dear little fellow he looks to be, thankyou for sharing his photo with us, my heart goes out to you at this awful loss.......

Simone de Klerk said...

Lieve Lyn ~ so, so sorry to read this. The pain must be so bad. I don't even want to start thinking about it.
How you will miss your mischief little darling!!! I will cherish his anecdotes that you once posted me and read them over this weekend.
Bye, bye, dear Monty.
Wishing you and DH and DD lots of strength!
Heel veel liefs xoxoxo

Cheryll said...

Oh Lyn... I'm just so sad for you. They are a part of our family and losing a family member is NEVER easy.
Remember the good times when your heart aches... and know you did what was in HIS best interest. All my thoughts go out to you and hubby!!!!
:(

QuiltNess (Vanessa) said...

All my love and thought to you all. Monty was so sweet. Xxoo

Yvette said...

I am so sorry for your loss. {Hugs}