Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Progress Update on Colonial Rose.............

 Dia Duit, I had set aside Colonial Rose for a month or so....pictured above..............
 Currently, I have the quilt on the family room floor........I have found it becoming cumbersome....and having trouble with the papers popping out........my aim was to keep all the papers in.....until the quilt is completed........last night I started to stitch the fourth border in place....it takes most of the night to stitch the one border..........my next step will be........to make eight white single hexagon borders.......and then...
I need to make the single row of blue hexagons..........once this step is completed.....the quilt needs to be shaped  into a square.............after that a six inch wide white hexagon border...........my thoughts are changing on the design of the quilt.....at this stage....it is quite large.....once it is squared......I think this will be the right size......will wait and see with Colonial Rose.....I may have a change of heart.......
Slañ O'faigh

10 comments:

Teri said...

Wow....the hexi quilt is beautiful. I've been working on a Grandmother's flower garden for a year..... I take with me when I travel and write on the flower where I made it. It will be a travel log when I'm done.....I really do love making Hexi's.

shez said...

what a lovely quilt Lyn you are doing well,love the colours

Simone de Klerk said...

Amazing, Lyn!!! It will be huge in the end. You have so much patience to make a quilt like this!

julieQ said...

It just looks amazing!! How beautiful!!

KaHolly said...

I have found that I have to put aside my hexies on a regular basis! Mostly I work on them when I travel, which will be soon! I only hope when I finish mine, it will be as beautiful as yours. Probably 100 years from now! ~karen

marina said...

what a lovely hexagon quilt. Interested to hear about you squaring it off. It's beautiful!

Cheryll said...

OOH... its beautiful... or it will be when it's finished. :)

QuiltNess (Vanessa) said...

Just beautiful Lyn xxoo

Merilyn said...

Wow! Lyn, your hexie quilt is looking sensational!!!! It is quite a size isn't it? LOL!!! There is a lot of work in it, good for you to keep going with it, can't wait to see the end result.
As you can see I am sooooo behind on catching up with my blog reading, but I'm getting there LOL!!!!

Guðrún Á. Rögnvaldsdóttir said...

Now I know it is YOUR blog, I wasn´t sure if it was you Lyn or some other Lyn that commented on my blog :) the other day. I am glad I "found" you.