Wednesday, 30 November 2011

A Rest Day..........

 Dia Duit, I have had the last couple days of work.....waiting for the fabric to arrive....so back to work tomorrow.....yesterday was spent catching up around home....today .....DH gave me strict instructions to rest and stay home......grin.....read a book...........well....that lasted all of five minutes......I have the giggles.....as he has rang me a few times during the day....checking up on me......one question was.....Does the Quilting Goddess reside in his household........that made me laugh....he has a great sense of humour....now if you won't tell him either will I....grin...........pictured above is part of the chaos I spread through the house....my sewing table and the kitchen bench was a little worse for wear......I am suffering sewing withdrawal systems... due to the repetitiveness of my work.....I cannot do both.......recently on a Quilting bus trip....I picked up some little pieces of novelty fabric for the Blankets of Love....that Cheryll co ordinates......I made a promise that I would make one a month next year....to help............
 Raggedy Andy.......first time I have made the disappearing Nine Patch....the old saying ..........don't reinvent the wheel...is true....I read on one of the blog tutorials.......to press the seam open....I normally.......butt the seams.....with no problems....good grief.........they are good...but could have been better....yes back to butting the seams for me......
 Badger in my Garden.........think I will choose a dusty orange binding for this one....
 Little Rascals.....I love this fabric..........dull inside today.....so the photograph does not give the little quilt justice.....
yes...definitely my favourite one...it was hard to fussy cut.......I have a few more lined up to do.......a couple of the pieces I purchased are very modern....so will need a younger eye to help me with the colours......I have them chosen...but think DD will be spot on.....
Slañ, O'faigh

5 comments:

shez said...

Oh O Faigh what a lovely lady you are Cheryll will be stoked to hear that, i will do some more as well,well done,ox

Allie said...

Did you tell him YES the Quilting Goddess resides in your house? LOL! Love the quilts, you are so sweet to do that! Now GO GET SOME REST!

Merilyn said...

Very generous Lyn, to make this commitment, your little quilts are just so sweet!!! I hope you did get a bit of rest!!!

Terry said...

Your little Annie quilt is so cute! I love the DNP pattern too! :0)

KaHolly said...

ALL are wonderful. Love the Blanket for Love. I have a few to bring back to the states with me to finish. I HATE pressing the seams open! I only do so when I know it will eliminate some bulk. Ummm, it doesn't look like you rested much to me!! But sewing can be very 'restful' if you take your time and enjoy the process.