Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Saturday, 12 November 2011

Swap Meet Finds..........a short story.....

 Dia Duit, if I was born around 1900, I think I would be looking, time worn like this little porcelain dolly, that I found, yesterday..will tell the story of this doll in another post.......along with...
 a new indicator for DS little Morris Minor, as her other one has worn out........and the darling Mickey Mouse handkerchief box that I found for her.........so dull here today....my photography does not do my finds justice......
My DSL has a candelabra similar to the one above......which has been painted Shabby Chic style......some Christmas fabric.........two bundle rolls of wool felt...destined for an overseas friend......cannot show what is in the plastic bag...that is a gift....the Porcelain doll.....that is about it.....
 I love this little Christmas Screen, that I discovered.......in front of the fire place...
I would love your opinion of the candelabra....would you leave it as it is......or paint in Shabby Chic style in warm white or cream.......the candles were a new purchase ....the colour terracotta.....I was trying to find red ....but with Christmas so near.......they had been sold out......

A story.........it was an early start yesterday.......DH, Car buddy and I set off for the Bendigo Swap Meet.....normally I stay home........but thought I might like to visit the patchwork shops......or tag along and check out the bric a brac.........pictured above were my finds.......but had no time to visit the patchwork stores.......in hindsight......I think that is where I should have gone.......grin......

When we arrived, we stuck together pretty close.......as the morning wore on....it became quite hot....I have a photo sensitivity to the sun.......so had to find shade....which was pretty impossible ........by the second last row of the 1500 stall holders ......I lost contact with DH and Car Buddy...after half an hour waiting.....I was becoming hot and major grumpy.....decided to ring car buddy's mobile phone......great DH had put his name in with no number......I thought the guys were ahead of me....but actually I was ahead of them as it turns out.......they obviously did a turn around on me.....finally they came along......not a care in the world.....picking this and that up....it amazes me what DH and car buddy can find.....amongst all that junk...hmmm treasures......DH had a new acquisition  a bumper bar for one of the cars.....I had to button my mouth......as I would have let rip........next minute a meat pie was shoved in my hand.....DH here eat this.......now ladies.....in the car I had a picnic lunch made......I started to protest....and was told to shut up and eat the pie as car buddy had bought it for me.....on a hot day...the last thing you want to eat is a hot meat pie...........as we came to the end of the row.....there was a pavilion......DH found a chair for me.....sat me down.....with a drink...dumped all his goodies with me.....and off they went.............there was a cool breeze........an extra chair beside me.......at different times.....I had three ladies sit by me.......and whiled the time away chatting about this and that.........so next year.....will I go.....yes....but to the patchwork shops as I had originally planned to do......grin                                                                                         Slañ O'faigh

7 comments:

shez said...

lol,lol,funny post Lyn.

Simone de Klerk said...

Lyn, it is early in the morning and you already made me laugh (((o: You're the best! I guess DH and Buddy did take care of you LOL
Great finds you made, but could you make a better picture of the porcelain dolly. It is difficult to see how you would have looked like ...

Vickie said...

OH DEAR..but I do like your purchaes...hmm now on to paint or not too paint-to me it would depend on the room's decor,personally I think it looks good as it is(but I'm not a candelabra girl)..I hope you got home and had the night off from cooking,cheers Vickie

Cheryl said...

LOL....great post. Think I would do the chabby chic thing!

Cheryll said...

Just think... next time YOU can loose THEM while patchwork shopping...lol!

Bev C said...

Hello Lyn,

Smile smile smile!!! You gotta love the blokes here in Aus. Love the Mickey Mouse box.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Merilyn said...

A very funny post Lyn!!! Love the pie story!!!