Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Wednesday, 14 December 2011

A New Project........

Dia Duit, a couple of weeks ago, Jay from work asked me if I would be willing to make her a quilt from her stash of fabrics she has been collecting......for some time......I was looking for something new and different to get my teeth in to.....as the Civil War Quilt is nearly at the finish...
Over the last couple of weeks, we have had lovely discussions, and have now formulated the quilt...initially there was not enough mid prints...and I asked Jay to purchase six more prints.....when I looked at the colour palette last night....I was very happy with the fabric selection.......
I have been itching to formulate the colours, rotary cut and stitch....the blocks....need to be patient and not so gung ho....grin....
to date I have started cutting the strips......as I progress with the quilt I will post pics.....
Slañ, O'faigh

5 comments:

shez said...

lovely colours and patterns

Merilyn said...

Wow! some very unusual prints there Lyn! I look forward to seeing what you two have cooked up!!!!

Terry said...

Lovely fabrics! I can't wait to see what you do with them! :0)

Allie said...

Is that New York fabric??? Very cool! This is going to be lovely!

Vickie said...

ohh I love the colour , sure thing this is going to be a stunner,cheers Vickie