Friday, 30 December 2011

Some Progress....New York Quilt....Little Blue Tug.......

 Dia Duit, over the past few days, I have been taking things quietly...........DH is on holidays.....we have been going on the odd day trip....yesterday......we drove to Queenscliff and caught the ferry across to Sorrento....upon landing at Sorrento....we walked to the back beach.......and watched the surfers, paddlers...glad I did not take my bathers....the water would be quite chilly....I was happy to sit and watch......the littlies building sandcastles...the biggies jumping and bombing others in the rather deep rock pool......the tide was coming in........the undertow was very strong......a leisurely walk back to the ferry.....and home again......today.....I am not so good..........due to a thyroid problem...waiting for test results...

I am seriously thinking of buying a Kindle......from my Christmas money.......I bought James Patterson's latest book and read it in afternoon.........I have had no inclination to sew.........

Ness brought the Little Blue Tug Quilt, today...so this afternoon set to and stitched the binding on.....still to whip stitch...bit warm to have a quilt on my lap tonight.........with the New York Quilt....I was worried I would run out of fabric..I had sewn eight rows.....and after I bound the baby quilt.... set to cutting the remaining 16 rows to ensure the colourway would be even across the body of the quilt...happily I had enough fabric to cut the 288 blocks required.. ..first time I have made a King Size quilt........still need to tweak some blocks....but will do so....once I start stitching the blocks together.......Jay requested a scrappy quilt with a brick pattern.....I was inspired by a book ,Gone To Texas, by Betsy Chutchian which featured a quilt named Pieced Brickwork...the original quilt was made in 1876........even though the fabrics are modern with a Scandinavian feel......I think this pattern has worked well.......my next task.....horizontally stitch 16 rows together and then stitch all 24 rows together.....looking forward to seeing how New York turns out with the quilting pattern chosen.....
Slañ, O'faigh

7 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds like you are having a lovely time while Dh is on holiday.
Your Little Blue Tug quilts looks nice.
Love the idea of the Pieced Brickwork quilt as I have a pile of Black and White fabric. Think that pattern will work well.

Merilyn said...

Wow! The fabrics in the New York quilt are really quite something!!! This is going to be a gorgeous quilt, very modern, classy, love it so far!!!!!
The Blue Tug quilt looks cute too!! Hope you get your mojo back soon Lyn!! Glad to hear you got out and about a bit too!! I have been toying with the idea of getting a Kindle too, but I have settled for audio-books instead LOL! so I can read (listen) and sew at the same time LOL!!!!!

Vickie said...

them colours in the New York Quilt are looking lovely, little tug is cute as, hope they get some results to you sonn..happy new year-I think 2012 should be a great improvemnet on 2011,cheers Viockie

shez said...

Hope you are feeling better Lyn,your projects are coming along nicely.xx

Simone de Klerk said...

Even though you don't feel very well, you are doing an amazing job in quilting! Love the black/white quilt!
The very best wishes, for you, my dear friend, for 2012! xoxoxo

Allie said...

The New York quilt is looking wonderful - it has such a fresh modern feel to it! Glad you got away for a bit, I've not been feeling like sewing either - just reading too! The Tug quilt is darling.

I did ask my son for a Kindle for Christmas, no go - maybe for my birthday in a few months - you can get lots of free books for it online!

I hope you feel better soon, hon, I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Charlie and Wendy said...

It's so nice to catch up on reading in the holidays! Both quilts look lovely.