Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Thursday, 5 January 2012

Ahhh the New York Quilt.........

 Dia Duit, yesterday morning I had the New York Quilt half stitched.............after working solidly all afternoon....
this is this mornings result......I have noticed I am out with the placement of one of the New York Skyline blocks.....I loathe unpicking........but must.......this will be this mornings job............ to balance the blocks.
This is the first time I have made a King Size Quilt.....the quilt measures 2.5 x 2.5 metres...it takes up most of the floor space in our living room.
Over the years, I would never put the colour black in my quilts......strange........I have thoroughly enjoyed the process of putting this quilt together...and quite drawn to the colourway.
Slañ, O'faigh

7 comments:

KaHolly said...

Looking good!! I made my first pillow case today and am wondering why I haven't done so already!! It was pretty quick and simple.

Betty Lou said...

Your quilt looks great, if the picture is before you did your unpicking, I can't find the mistake. Looks good to me. Did I ever mention to you, that I love your header.

Cheryll said...

It looks sensational even with the little oops in it.. but I know it will bother you if you don't fix it now. I love the black tones too... always looks great. A great sewing session! :)

Merilyn said...

Wow! you have done a great job with this so far, you must be in the middle of a sewing frenzy as this is the second largeish quilt you have assembled in such a short time! I think its new owner will be very pleased with the result, it's so unusual and classy, very modern!!! Have a great weekend Lyn!

Terry said...

It looks great! I find this color palette very calming.

Charlie and Wendy said...

You are making wonderful progress, your quilt is looking lovely. The sun bonnet sue blocks look great, it will be interesting to see what you do with them.

SABATO e DOMENICA said...

Love it! Looking Gorgeous! xx