Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Sunday, 29 January 2012

The Call of the Wild for Pinkie.......

Dia Duit, when I came out the back door this morning to hang the day's washing....their to greet me was the Galah..........an interesting turn of events was to unfold within the next two hours.....grin....

Now, I am not keen on fluttery things.....birds as such.......I would never be cruel to god's creatures...

What to do, is the bird tame or wild???????? because of the mercury being in the high thirties....I filled the ice cream container with cold water..and placed it on the cement.......I noticed one of the wing feathers had been clipped...I spoke quietly to the bird....and he/she's head bobbed up and down.........so it must be tame....

I came back inside and watched the Galah from the laundry window.....he/she was trying to climb down the side of the trolley...but alas it was too slippery......for his/her feet.....and slipped to the ground....
Gee now what to do.....for the next half hour or so, the Galah had a merry time....fossicking in my herb pot...pecking out the outside blinds, climbing up on my penny farthing bike planter.....the air conditioning unit...which was off I might add....digging holes in the lawn......now the neighbours cats visit out yard........so I could not leave the bird defenceless.....hmmm what to do?????


I rang the cavalry in the shape of my sister and father......my first thought was to take the Galah to Jirrahlinga in Barwon Heads....a wildlife sanctuary.......then my sister and I walked to the neighbouring properties...lo and behold....Pinkie belonged to the property a couple of houses across the back of our property......Pinkie had been missing since yesterday....so I guess she has been in the safety our backyard overnight.....the past couple of weeks....we have had wild galah's passing over our property...so the Call of the Wild was obviously too much Pinkie........

Pinkie is safely back home again.....

Sla`n, O'faigh

9 comments:

shez said...

Ah, what a lovely story with a happy ending.xx

Vickie said...

aww he is so cute..they make great pers..I hand raised a galah that was booted from it's next, most gorgeous bird he was and very talkative,sadly he died in a bad thunderstorm many years ago..but he hangs proudly on my lounge wall..I could not live without him so had him taxidermied..so glad you were able to find his home,cheers Vickie

Simone de Klerk said...

What a sweet story! Glad the bird found it's home.

Terry said...

What a beautiful bird and what a wonderful story! I'm so glad you were able to find Pinkie's owner! :0)

Cheryll said...

I'm a softie for happy endings!
Great story O'Faigh... :)

Merilyn said...

What a lovely story! So glad he made it back to his family safely!!!

Allie said...

So glad Pinkie is safe at home now, she's so beautiful!

Bev C said...

Hello,

Oh Pinkie had a day away, found a nice resort to stay at and was taken home!!! Hope you got the washing done Lyn.
Happy Monday.
Bev.xoxo

KaHolly said...

Yay!! Good job!