Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Sunday, 1 January 2012

Civil War Quilt - BOW by Barbara Brackman



Dia Duit, initially when Barbara's BOW was first posted, I was slow in starting, and some weeks behind.Through the weeks, and months of last year, I was hooked with this project.
Most Sundays, was my day for making the BOW, the best part was fossicking around in my CW stash or running to the local patchwork store and having a great time looking through the boxes for the right colour combination for the block.
Originally, I started with the Twelve Oaks Range, but the colours were too heavy. I have used colours, that I am not fond of, but found them necessary at times.

Last night, I sat up to 1.00am stitching the borders and sashings. I am very happy with my colour choice for them. Most of the blocks, have a hint of various shades of brown in them, hence my decision for Hot for Chocolate fabric. My idea was to keep the borders and sashings simple, so the blocks would zing.
A huge thank you to Barbara, Becky, Dustin and Deb, to make this wonderful project happen.
SlaƱ, O'faigh

10 comments:

Maria said...

WOW and more WOW!!!!
Your Civil War Quilt is just gorgeous. Love all the colours you have chosen.

KPage said...

OH, MY GOODNESS!! The quilt came out beautifully! I just love it. You did such a good job. How will you finish it - hand quilting or machine?a

Terry said...

Well done! It's just lovely! :0)

retdairyqueen said...

Looks great

Allie said...

Oh my gosh hon this is a STUNNER! So, so beautiful - how are you going to quilt it? I bet you can't wait!!

Cheryll said...

It certainly does zing! It looks fantastic! What a great way to start off 2012! :)

Vickie said...

wooohoooo what a ripper that is..truly it is gorgeous, the sahsing looks magnificent,cheers Vickie

Betty Lou said...

Your CW quilt is beautiful. Like the brown sashing. It appears that you used a wider sashing and I like the way it separates the blocks and makes them stand out. I have the last three blocks to finish and ready to put together. Thanks for sharing.

Christine M said...

Your Civil War quilt is amazing. I've been watching Barbara's blog throughout the year but haven't joined in. I love your choice of brown for the sashing.

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful, I really love it!!