Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Vintage Sewing


Dia Duit, late last year, I was browsing EBay and came across the Vintage Sun Bonnet Sue Blocks, with the cardboard pattern and extra vintage fabric.
I did not realise how large they actually were, measure ten inches in length.
Yellow and Green are not my favourite colours, one needs to have an open mind, at times.

I love, the mint green fine striped fabric I chose, not sure what size blocks I will do, maybe 15 inch or 16 inch.I have bought some new machine appliqueing thread, and will have a go at machine appliqueing. Not today though, in forty degree heat.
Sla`n, O'faigh

6 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Your Sunbonnet girls are a real find. When I see something that someone worked on long ago, I always wonder who she was, when she dis them and where she lived. If the blocks could only tell us their history, wouldn't that be wonderful?

Merilyn said...

Just love the vintage fabrics the Sun Bonnet Sue blocks are made of, how good to have the cardboard pattern as well! What a lovely fun project to do!!!

Cheryll said...

I always find "Sue" such a cutie! Best of luck with your project to start off 2012. :)

Allie said...

Those are really sweet - have fun with them! But no, not in that heat, lol.

KaHolly said...

What fun for you!!

Simone de Klerk said...

You find such beautiful things on ebay, Lyn! Yes, the mint green fits perfectly to those sweeties!
I hope it is cooling down a bit for you!