Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Civil War Quilt...by Barbara Brackman...A Finish....

 Dia Duit, I have had my Civil War Quilt, home for some two weeks and had been itching to stitch and bind the quilt. However, was unable to do so, because of the heat, too hot to have a quilt on ones lap, and lack of mojo, quilting and blogging wise. I think we all go through these stages throughout the  year.
 Twirly feather was the quilt design......I chose a muddy background to compliment the quilt.
 A Close up of the feathers.....one of my favourite quilting designs....
 A Sunlight shot.
 Not an easy quilt to take a shot of, the kids helped out, but could not hold the quilt up, long enough for a decent inside shot.
 Simply had to try it out on our brass bed.
Overflowing on the rocking chair. I thoroughly enjoyed the process of making this quilt and glad I chose the chocolate sashing and borders, so the blocks would stand out in the quilt.
My Dad visited, early this week, I did not realize he had noticed my quilt, which was draped on the wing back chair in the living room.
After that, I had a visit from my little sister, who told me, that my Dad talked non stop about my latest quilt.
This surprised me or maybe not, he is a man of few words.
Slañ, O'faigh

16 comments:

shez said...

wow what a stunning quilt O'Faigh,and how sweet that your dad took a liking to it,love the pics.xx

Cheryll said...

What a wonderful compliment from your father. It's a beautiful quilt so why wouldn't he. Great work OFaigh. :)

KaHolly said...

Oh, Lyn, you've out-done yourself with this quilt. It is absolutely gorgeous. You must be so pleased to have it finished!! So much work went into it. How could your dad NOT be impressed!! It isn't "girly", which is probably what struck him the most! Well done. Stand up and take a bow!!

Maria said...

Your Civil War Quilt is stunning.
Lovely quilting too.
So nice of your Dad to be proud of your work.

Betty Lou said...

Your CW is outstanding. Like the chocolate brown for ssahing and borders, it does make the blocks stand out. Way to go Dad, we will take a compliment even if it has to come through someone else. Who says men don't notice beauty when they see it.

julieQ said...

What a truly gorgeous quilt you have made...I am so happy for you!!!

Merilyn said...

Very well done Lyn! It looks great now that it's quilted, the quilting has given it such a lovely texture! You must be pleased to have it done now, and how nice that your Dad like it too!!!!

Vickie said...

stunning indeedy well done my friend --it looks gorgeous,cheers Vickie

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your quilt is so beautiful, the brown sets it off perfectly. I love all the photos of it!

Terry said...

It's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! :0)

Bev C said...

Compliments to you Lyn on your beautiful Quilt. Sounds like Dad is very proud of you. Good on you. The photo out the front is lovely,maybe you could turn that one into a card.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

QuiltNess (Vanessa) said...

My Dear Lyn, of course I am biased toward's your quilt, it is amazing. And Yes the quilting deisgn we chose to go with is perfect for it. Love Ness xxoo

Nicole said...

That is an amazing quilt! I love the variety of all the different blocks.

Allie said...

Oh Lyn that is a STUNNING quilt - I'm not surprised you dad is so proud of you! The chocolate sashing is the perfect color, it really makes the blocks stand out and harmonizes beautifully. This is so gorgeous!!!

michelle said...

Looks stunnung I love the fabrics and the chocolate sets it of well!

Simone de Klerk said...

This has become such a very pretty quilt, Lyn! Yes, the brown sasing gives all the blocks a chance to 'show off'. You must be so happy to have finished it!
Lovely pictures btw.