Friday, 16 March 2012

Quilt Show - Barwon Heads this weekend....

Dia Duit, usual Friday fortnight, running around doing errands, paying bills and groceries....after lunch DH needed to do some lathe work.......for the car he is working on....I was invited along....and sat quietly reading my Kindle...DH was running late...I was getting antsy as...on the way home I wanted to divert to the Annual Quilt Show held by the Seachange Quilters.....and make some purchases from the handmade goods stall.......
A Day of four seasons in one...pictured above....



I loved the idea of the canvases being used in quilt form......these were featured in the doorway...when you paid your entrance fee....
Red and White was theme for this years Challenge Quilt......
Those hexagons again.....


I liked the diversity of this little Butterfly Quilt....


A Twist on the Dresdan Plate using Japanese fabrics...
One of Leanne Beasley's BOM Quilt....







I hope you enjoyed the brief tour of Quilts..
SlaƱ, O'faigh

3 comments:

Merilyn said...

Glad you got to attend the Quilt Show Lyn! There are some lovely pieces among them, I especially love the Carpenter's Wheel, such a classic! Also like the variety of the dresden plate blocks using Japanese fabrics too, very inspiring!!! Thanks for sharing these wonderful quilts. Hope you have a lovely weekend!!!

shez said...

loved your tour O'Faigh,thankyou.xx

julieQ said...

I really enjoyed seeing a quilt show so early this morning! Wonderful quilts...I am just so infatuated with red and white lately!