Sunday, 29 April 2012

Colonial Rose - Update


Dia Duit, over the past few days, I have been suffering with asthma.....and have been confined to indoors.....Colonial Rose was beckoning to me...I have had the eight borders ready to stitch...but the weather had been to hot.....to enable me to do so........in one way with the photo's being dark....it shows how I am coming along....... with Colonial Rose.....I still  have four more borders to attach.....one border takes an entire evening for the stitching....... Once the borders are on, my next step will be to square the hexagon shape.....I have calculated I need to make approx....134 hexagon flowers......setting hexagons ?......plus borders?....so still have some way to go...
SlaƱ, O'faigh

5 comments:

Vickie said...

aww sorry ot hear you have been suffering with the asthma, not nice at all. Colonial Rose is looking amazing-my fingers hurt just looking at all the work,cheers Vickie

shez said...

wow Lyn it looks fantastic and i hope you are feeling better soon.xx

Cheryll said...

Such a lot of work in this one... but it's well worth it. Looks great! :)

Merilyn said...

My goodness Lyn! This is such a labour of love, but the result will be just awesome! I hope your asthma has improved, nothing more distressing than having trouble with your breathing - take care!!

Allie said...

I hope you feel better soon hon! That quilt is just stunning, it amazes me just how much work goes into these!