Thursday, 19 April 2012

A little incentive............

 Dia Duit, due to the Indian Summer we have been experiencing these last few days....you can see why I have been drawn outside....to prepare the gardens ........for the winter period.......then the same process ....will have to happen in Spring.......I need to go to the horse paddocks....and bag some more manure......as I have used the four large bags.......that I had bagged initially..... when I first started the process to rejuvenate the garden....
 This part of the garden was this mornings job.......the beds are so dry...due to the large Cypress tree's growing on the adjoining property......I had a tough time with the Statice....and the drought we have been through these past years....
 When we lived in the old house in Williamstown...in the back garden was a Bird of Paradise....that must of been in the ground for some forty years....it was huge....DH and my mother loved it.....I loathed it.......but cared for it....as I did for all the plants in the garden....on a whim.....I planted this one in the corner of the backyard......it has been in the ground for some three years...and not a flower........until this week....DH is chuffed......on another note.....my little dog passed away last November.....I still have a profound grief for that little bundle of mischief.....we buried him next to the Diosma......his favourite spot...remember we went on holidays recently......when we came home .....we discovered where Monty is buried......a cherry tomato plant has grown....I kid you not......it is huge.....I have already cut it back twice....today I picked the first crop of sweet tomatoes from this bush.....makes one wonder.....
Yesterday, I met with my great friend Ness, who machine quilts all of my quilts....I purchased the Sun Bonnet Sues pieces on Ebay...awhile back.....found the lovely green background....and machine appliqued them on..........Ness has done a splendid job.....with this one....I thought it looked pretty ordinary...but Ness with her skills has turned it into something special.......when I was making it DD surprised me....she wishes to have it.....for their new house...when they build later this year...hopefully this will prompt my sewing mojo..
Sla`n, O'faigh

6 comments:

Vickie said...

lovely to bale ot spend time in the garden..hmmm cherry tomato mystery eh?..oh my that Sun Bonnet sure looks a treat..say what..DD likes it woohoo-I pray your mojo is pedalling away real soon,cheers Vickie

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your garden is looking wonderful and I love your sunbonnet Sue quilt, the quilting is lovely.

shez said...

Lyn your garden is looking lovely and your sun bonnet sue quilt is very cute.xx

retdairyqueen said...

Ness certainly adds to the quilt with her lovely work
So nice that DD wants it
Your garden is looking good

Allie said...

I think Monty has given you a gift! The sunbonnets are just gorgeous, what beautiful quilting!

Merilyn said...

How nice to see the Bird of Paradise finally giving you some rewards!! The Sunbonnet Sue quilt is gorgeously quilted, no wonder Jess wanted it!!!!