Monday, 2 April 2012

Parcel Post.....Birthday Celebrations continue....Travel Case

 Dia Duit, today was spent with my friends at quilting....to my delight and surprise a parcel was waiting for me on the kitchen bench.....a warm thank you Illene for the lovely fabric basket with feel good gifts inside, the little red glass bird.....and my birthday card......our house is similar in style as this one....
Recently, I put my hand up for the Quilters Day Swap......our Christmas Gift from our quilting group....was a tiny cutting mat with the instructions on how to make the travel case......
I had many ideas humming around......as I was posting overseas I wanted something that would travel well in the post.....my secret swap partner....likes flowers, birds........and the colour blue.....
The travel case was quick to make, the little needle case I purchased on the members stall at the Seachange Quilters Quilt Show.......the bouquet of fabric flowers......from my train hop........I had to add the little Koala and off course our famous Kookaburra Card........
This past week, I have been busy in the garden and vege boxes......readying them for the winter planting.....the weather has been too good to be tucked up inside....back to work tomorrow....
Slañ, O'faigh

6 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely fabric basket! Never seen anything like it.
And what a fun swap parcel that is going to your partner!

Bev C said...

Hello Lyn,

Both great parcels. Love the cards.

Good luck with the vegies.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

shez said...

what a lovely gift to receive Lyn and i love the kookaburra card,it has been great weather for in the garden.xx

Merilyn said...

A couple of lovely surprises Lyn!!
Isn't it a good feeling to be working in the garden, but oh! does it make a dent in your sewing time LOL!!!!

retdairyqueen said...

You are very welcome So sorry it was late
Had it in my head your birthday was the 31st Hugs

Allie said...

Beautiful gifts, sent and received!!!