Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Sunday, 8 April 2012

Sewing Quandry - A WIP or Begin A New Project

 Dia Duit, on Good Friday, I was up bright and early....DH at work...DD away for the Easter break....my mood was for sewing.......at last.........the above fat 1/8ths I had been gathering.... were beckoning....inspiration.....the Eagle Medallion Quilt Panel....and a quilt featured in Petra Prins book....when I opened my sewing stash door.....in front of me.....was a project I had designed and was partly made.......
 How I wish at the time of purchasing the above fabric.....I had purchased more yardage......the colourway entrancing.........
 I have always had a hankering of making a quilt featuring the Dancing Dollies.......in this book...........
 


 Loved colour matching these fabrics to the cream floral............
 Progress at last.............I enjoyed making the central block.....Bridal Bouquet......
 Dancing Dollies in progress..........
At the end of the day...........all that is left now is cutting and appliqueing the Dollies head and arms.....hmmm not fond of making the melon and circle shapes.....hopefully....it will not sit long on my design wall.....
Sla`n, O'faigh

5 comments:

shez said...

wow this is stunning Lyn,well done.xx

Vickie said...

oh wow Lyn..you are so talented that is gorgeous...
and that fabric that you wish you had of bought more of..would look great in a kaleidoscope I think...
cheers for now Vickie

retdairyqueen said...

You need to get this one finished It is a stunner
Love it

KaHolly said...

Oh, Lyn, I am so impressed. I cannot wait to see it finished. I can't imagine the 'dancing dollies'!

Charlie and Wendy said...

Wow Lyn, it is so beautiful. Lovely pattern and you have done a wonderful job.