Sunday, 15 April 2012

Something Different.....

 Dia Duit, I am in an all time slump, with my quilting. I have not felt this way before, normally I lose my mojo for a short time. I am really struggling. We are having beautiful, Autumn days and much of my time has been spent gardening or reading my Kindle. When I purchased the Kindle I had not idea how hooked I would become with it.
On Friday night, when I sat down, not much on the telly, did not feel like reading, have read some sixty books since the Kindle purchase. Thought I would try crocheting a Dish Cloth, a nice touch to add to a Birthday or Christmas Gift. I have not crocheted since Jess was a baby. I found a pattern, on the net, once I finished the seven rows, it did not look anything like the picture..and was half the size it should have been...grin.....hmmm wonder where I went wrong....have since found out their are International Conversions of Stitches for Crochet....turned out ok.....tonight will have another try with the right stitch.
 or maybe I should stick with making the Button Garlands, love making these, they are earmarked for some Birthdays that are coming up and the top one for a Christmas Parcel.
Sla`n, O'faigh

6 comments:

Vickie said...

slumps are the pits..I think your garden is loving your attendance..dishcloth look smighty fine to me-the pattern was a guide hehehe..I have some lovely crocheted ones but hubby will not use them for the dishes he says "it don't feel proper". Cheers Vickie

shez said...

hi Lyn you are still being creative in other areas,well done.xx

Maria said...

Even though you have not been stitching you are still keeping busy.

Allie said...

Aw hon...I hate slumps...but just take your time, enjoy your lovely crocheting, sometimes a change is a good thing!!

Cheryll said...

It's always nice to have a change. Keeps the interest in creating that way! I often sit and knit just for the heck of it! :)

Merilyn said...

You're Kindle sure has come in handy Lyn! Glad you are enjoying reading with it. Love the crochet, but yes, you do have to be careful of overseas patterns, I've made that mistake myself before LOL!!!!