Monday, 23 April 2012

A Weekend away with the Boys and some Gals...

 Dia Duit, over the weekend, I had taken many photo's...and have spread  over three posts...pictured above foggy when we set off (Saturday) from home, down the Melbourne Highway......we met up with some car members the otherside of Melbourne.......a quick bite to eat when we filled up with petrol.....
 We stopped here at a place called Gipps Town.....the many years we travelled the Gippsland Highway with our trailer sailer....DH would never stop........thanks to TC I had my wish, to walk this little re enacted township of the early days.....
 Love the Ned Kelly Helmet, letter box.....
 Main Street....
Gorgeous little Church...
 


 Local Garage....
 Spied, the Dressmaker's Shop...thought you would love the following photo's..clarity is not great due to taking pictures through glass panes....






 Through the side door, not the front, as I have indicated for this little house....





Glad, we do not have the old wash house today......grin....looks like hard work.....


3 comments:

Merilyn said...

More great photos Lyn! I just loved them, I remember the old copper where you would light a fire under the copper filled with water! Where I grew up we had one in the wash house and I remember my Mum actually used it LOL!!! I think my Dad wanted to see if it still worked....
What a wonderful day sightseeing, I love the pics of Gipps Town, such a cute little place, so nice to see so much of our own early history being maintained, I love places like that!!!

shez said...

what a wonderful weekend Lyn and you have taken some beautiful pics.xx

KaHolly said...

I love to visit the olden days. Yes, they worked hard but it was such a simpler time. I guess if it's all you know, it's not as bad as it seems now.