Tuesday, 1 May 2012

For the Love of Prim - Rabbit needs a Name

 Dia Duit, for some years I have had a deep love of Prim....not the real grungy Prim.....but similar to the Prim Rabbit I have just made......
A friend gave me a piece of grey fabric....a remnant she had found... which promptly went into my stash....while surfing the net....I discovered the pattern for her....at http://staceymead.blogspot.com/.
and another site http://ourpioneerhomestead.blogspot.com.au/. I love the inspiration from these sites...The Walnut crystals arrived for me to grunge the Rabbit and fabrics for her clothes..... glad DH was not home.....although I had newspaper and plastic down...I made a real mess.........
 A search through my beloved Reproduction Blues stash.......fossicked around for my paintbox ...and she has her blouse......I tried making the shawl  out of the stained calico....but the colourway did not sit right....
 so another fossick in my stash...and came up with the cream blue floral.......last but not least....
I was unable to find my seeded black beads...I know they are somewhere.......however today I had to go to Melbourne for a test........and managed to go to the local wool shop and found the beads for her eyes.....and not so long ago........embroidered her nose and mouth.........
I am thinking of revamping our entrance way.........and  I may place her there......now

Prim Rabbit needs a name........and I need your help...........can you kindly leave a Prim  name on this post..........for her.........I will post a small gift  to the person who comes up with a suitable name.            Slañ, O'faigh

9 comments:

shez said...

hi Lyn,i think she looks like her name could be Missy Blue,she looks great,well done.xx

Cheryll said...

I don't know if it's a prim name.. but when I looked at her I thought...Mol as in Molly. Don't know why.. it just came into my head! :)

retdairyqueen said...

That is one skinny rabbit
Hope you get good results for your test hugs

Simone de Klerk said...

Lyn, your little Miss is adorable!!! Love how her head is turned to the right. I think I would call her Miss Rosie.

Vickie said...

wow great work many small bits well done..when I saw her complete the name Dizandra sprung to mind-and I have no idea where it came from LOL, cheers vickie

michelle said...

Primrose maybe?

Merilyn said...

She looks like an Eloise to me! You did a lovely job with this dear little rabbit, she looks just wonderful!!!

Allie said...

Oh Lyn she is adorable - I'm going to have to check out that pattern, I love her! For some reason Dimity came to mind - there's a series of books about Aunt Dimity, they're mysteries and I adore them. In it, the heroine has a pink stuffed bunny named Reginald that Aunt Dimity had made. Maybe that's why Dimity came to mind!

Terry said...

I love your bunny! I'm not very good at names, but what about Beatrice. I think Beatrice Bunny suits her quite nicely! :0)