Friday, 18 May 2012

A Re-start - 12 inch Mini Club

 Dia Duit, recently I joined in with Cheryll's 12inch Mini Club, the theme was for a Welcome Mini Quilt to hang on the stand....initially, I had an inspiration block, as to what to make....searched high and low...and remembered a Christine Book pattern, I had for a cushion.....I spent some nights creating the quilt....but made a fatal mistake....the quilt measurement was to be 12"x 14"......I measured my frame and came up with 11 1/2 inch x 12 inch.......once completed.....the quilt was too small......I was unable to send it to my secret partner as it is...... a re-start was in order.....
I love Libby Richardson's Bear Patterns......and have this one in my stash.....the last couple of nights was spent....sewing the stitchery.......do I or don't I paint the bears....I know I did it back to front..but have spent this afternoon.......painting.......grin....next step......to make sure my quilt measures 12 inch x 14 inches.....I have no wish to do a repeat....as I will time poor over the coming weeks.....
Late last year, I was playing with some fabric and patchwork blocks partly made...and fell in love with.....the early eighties traditional fabrics.....so I have been searching for them......in the patchwork shops ...I have come across some over the last few months.....looking forward to making the borders........
Slañ, O'faigh

4 comments:

Allie said...

They're both lovely but I really love those bears!!!

Cheryll said...

OOOHHH NOOoooo! Don't ya HaTe that!
It will probably still look great hanging on a smaller dowel though! :)

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your little quilts are lovely, now you will have one to keep too!

Simone de Klerk said...

Those bears are so cute! And the painting is done so pretty.
I don't think I received an email for this post )o:
Your flower welcome is very pretty too!