Sunday, 24 June 2012

A gaggle of doves.......bindings on

 Dia Duit, I have the giggles this morning, and scurried to put the tablecloth on my sewing table, Mum will be around shortly...and  I do not think she would appreciate the way I had left the cloth....last night when I went to bed.....all scrunched......two more sides to hand stitch........I am in the good books with DH...yesterday....I cleaned my little Morry...inside and out......was not sure about the polishing of the mag wheels......left that for DH.............seems a waste of time....with our dismal weather...but had to be done.....
 DH has a soft heart......Momma Dove keeping nit...........a touch of Sunshine....
Mother nature amazes me at times.......if you have the time....will relate the stories of the doves.....some months back.......the doves made a nest in my Crepscule Weeping Rose...........and had two babies ...for the season......the second baby was learning to fly......when DH had his car buddy over to play......the baby dove flew into our sliding window out the back.......DH was heartbroken....he thought the baby had died.....he came to me with the baby wrapped in his hankie.......DH was asking me what to do.....my response was to put him/her back in the nest out front......while it was light he kept going out watching the baby...mother bird was not around....the prognosis did not look good....I did not have the heart to say.....next morning when I drew our bedroom blinds....DH was in the shower...lo and behold.......baby was in my violets and mother was right alongside.....they stayed in my front garden that day and night..I was worried about the neighbourhood cats...as they love to come and visit...and sun themselves on our front verandah......next morning the doves were gone......DH instigated a search...sure enough the family of doves (four of) were nestled under a tree in the property next door........grin.....DH instructed me when I go shopping I have to purchase the wild bird seed for the birds......the birds actually watch us.....today when I was in the laundry they were on the fence....reminding me it was feed time.........as for the little baby........he comes close to us and is not scared..........I might add ...we now have about eight doves, about twenty sparrows, two blackbirds, two butcher birds....who expect there dinner around 3pm each day....
Slañ, O'faigh

5 comments:

Christine M said...

How lovely the baby survived. It is so lovely having a family of birds (and extras) visiting you. Who knows, you soon may get some parrots or lorikeets visiting too. I know they love the wild bird seed.

Cheryll said...

Can't you spend a lot of time with birds. I do and LoVe It!
Well come "mother's" helper! :)

Bev C said...

Hello Lyn,

We will have to call you birdwoman, so lovely that they come to visit at the same time each day. Good on your for cleaning the car, want to do mine????

Have a great day.
Bev.xoxo

Merilyn said...

So glad to hear that the little baby bird is ok! Mumma bird must be happy too!! What a lovely thing to do for these little feathered ones to have some extra titbits during the cold winter months when food must be so hard to find!!!!

KaHolly said...

Cute story about the doves. Glad you are enjoying them so.