Saturday, 2 June 2012

A little bit of spit and polish......on a Saturday Afternoon

 Dia Duit, it is early Saturday morning, DH is on holidays, I still have my workload for the next two-three weeks.....DH.....no work for you today.....rest.....what would you like to do.....hmmmm a big breakfast....sounds good.........then.....maybe.....go down town....and purchase you some much needed clothes.....hard to clothe the man......he will not wear any tops with logo's......loathes them.....then across from the cafe is a restoration place...that may have some antique hooks to make a coat hanger for my Prairie bonnets....then feed the horses....prune the roses......weed the garden.....a bit neglected...since I am a working girl for the time being....grin....friends....I am sure you heard his groan....worldwide.....
 well we had a gorgeous brekkie, went well with the shopping spree for DH until we came to the checkout.....I wanted to use the friendly person one.....DH made a beeline for the one you do yourself.....I swear it had it in for me.....next time it will be the person checkout for me.....then onto the Antique Market.........we wandered around for abit......I couldnot find what I was looking for .....my mind was focused on hooks and small decorative door handles....and for DH to make the wooden part for me.....I know I should never have op shopped my beloved Country Samper books...........which had great ideas in them.....
To my absolute delight, I heard this huge bellow....Daaaarling.......come to me.........hanging on the rafters was the above carved Australian Kauri Pine piece.............perfect.......now what to use as the pegs........DH to the rescue again...what about some of your old wooden cotton spools....I was  a bit dubious...as that is like parting with a one hundred dollar bill....grin.....I might add never had one of them long enough in my wallet.....next we went to feed the girlies........DD is going to be livid with me....not only have I been feeding her two horses carrots each day....but the poor little pony in the next paddock.....she is called Angel....a couple of weeks ago.....she would only lift her head...when I came in....now she gallops full pelt to me....and searches my hands and pockets...I surely have started something....grin...I can feel DD disapproval already......grin....I digress.......you can tell I have missed you......
 Viola, one Prairie Bonnet holder....I tried to entice DH to Lavender Polish the wood for me....that didnot work....I spent some time with it....Lavender furniture polish works well on wood...stops the dust........next to it is the Twelve Days of Christmas Quilt I made last year ...throught the Temecula Quilt Co.....love it.....
 On the otherside of the entranceway......are these two stitcheries...I made in the early 2000's.......where my interest was renewed......from what I had learnt in my girlhood.....I have tried to revamp this wall....but keep coming back to these two quilts........cannot change them..............the border fabric I found in one of the LPS.....it was when Reproduction Fabrics were coming into vogue...I might add it was the only Repro fabric in the store.......
Slañ, O'faigh

6 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely post
Tell DH You have to use the person check out other wise he is doing some poor kid out of a job

Allie said...

Ugh I hate those do it yourself checkouts, lol, I want someone to smile when they take my money. LOVE your hanger for your prairie bonnets, hon, what a great find! Your entry way looks so pretty, love those little quilts, very darling. And oh shame on you....feeding the horses carrots, lol...

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your new hooks look beautiful, well done! I love the photos of your entranceway and your lovely wall hangings.

Christine M said...

Your hats looks great hanging up.

KaHolly said...

PERFECT hanger for you Prairie Bonnets!! It's just beautiful!

Merilyn said...

I'm desperately trying to catch up with my blog reading - life really does get in the way sometimes - nice to catch up with what you are doing! Love the little 'welcome quilts', such a lovely idea! I also love what you did with your Bonnet Hanger, what a great find and to use your old wooden spools as hooks - brilliant!!!