Friday, 1 June 2012

Pompadouring........for Christmas Wishes.......


Dia Duit, last Saturday Night...DH was on night shift....DD was at a wedding in Bali......hmmmm what to do.....while I am currently working full time.....I do not mix sewing and working ...due to the repetitiveness of the work I do.......on Gone Stitching....Cheryll had a link with a tute on how to make the Pompadour's...cute to add to a Christmas Swap.........
In my box of tricks...I did not have the lovely soft , handmade variety of felt........but the commercial stuff.....the tute said to cut 16-20.....but I had to cut around 30.......due to the type of felt....the weave was close knot.........groan......I was enjoying the process....about halfway ..... ran out of glue....drat and bother...Sunday had to find a place open...close to home... to purchase some....pictured above the end result....
SlaƱ, O'faigh

6 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Very pretty result, Lyn! So special to see your snowflakesd on the background of your blog! For us the sunflowers will soon be there.

Cheryl said...

It's so cute!! Great job.

Allie said...

Oh my that turned out beautifully!!! What a fun project!

Charlie and Wendy said...

Lovely result, it will make a gorgeous present.

shez said...

this is gorgeous Lyn i am going to try one when i get back from holidays,thankyou for sharing.xx

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful!, what a lovely gift someone will receive.