Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Wednesday, 11 July 2012

The tricks of a Little Sister

Dia Duit, last year little sister was given some Reproduction Fabric of  Fat 1/8ths for her Birthday from the girls she works with....grin...she has been bugging me...and the girls at work have been bugging her.....as to  what to make with it.....firstly it was to be a table runner  or  a round table topper........I might add ....some months ago...she brought the fabric to me....and quietly left it on my sewing table.....grin....hoping I would zoom them up for her....
Little sister works, Saturday afternoons and dropped in and asked if I wanted to see her new rug she had purchased for her lounge room.....should have known there was an ulterior motive....grin...you are probably wondering why I hesitated......little sister is a brilliant tailor, expert in alterations...and makes the most gorgeous bridalwear....see my hesitation...I figured ....little sister...was more than qualified to make them..

It was not to be......with fabric, backing lining and the reproduction fabrics...came back to my house.....Saturday night ......I cut and sewed, and quilted ....while little sister watched.......in the end...I made two sewing machine covers for her sewing machine and overlocker......now little sister didnot get off scot free.....in the background...I made the top, binding for her to complete the overlocker cover....just a simple design......and will be a perfect match for her sewing room....she has two beautiful stitcheries...made by Leanne Beasley in the burgundys with beautiful framework.......now I might be able to get on with Mums second tablecloth.....grin...
Slañ, O'faigh

5 comments:

Vickie said...

what a wonderful big sister you are,
hugs Vickie

Allie said...

Ah Lyn you are an awesome big sis. So pretty!!!

Cheryll said...

Oh these are so useful...and pretty's up a sewing space too!
What a great big sister you are! :)

Sisbabestitches said...

My baby sister does exactly the same thing, parcels with 'can you do' are forever (slight exaggeration) showing up, and yep she has her own sewing machine...and I wouldn't change it for anything :)

Merilyn said...

What an obliging sister you are!!!! She's lucky to have you!!!!