Friday, 3 August 2012

Sewing to soothe.......
















Dia Duit, a few weeks back, when  there was time for sewing, I spent a day sewing eight Blankets of Love.Under my sewing table, I have a little white basket with bits and pieces of fabric, which enabled me to make these little quilts.... My friend, Ness recently machine quilted them for me, at a very reasonable cost.
The little quilts have been waiting for the binding to me made, stitched and then bound. This week, I have been waiting for the fabrics to come in, to complete the palettes I make, at work.....a little more time off...than previous weeks...... Early, in the evening I managed to cut and press the bindings.....Wednesday night I spent some time stitching the binding down.
Last night, I sat by the fire stitching the bindings .....DH comment......please put your sewing down....you have had a few hectic weeks....and you need to rest.....
My response was...I have missed my sewing.....and I am finding by doing this hand sewing......it is soothing me.......no more was said....when I finish writing this post....I will sit down and finish the remaing two little pink quilts.....as I stitch ...I wonder where these little quilts will go....once they leave me.....
Slãn, O'faigh

7 comments:

Cheryll said...

Doing what you love is always good for the soul! You are a very generous crafter! :)

Simone de Klerk said...

Yes, sewing sooths my mind and being too!
So many sweet blankets.
Have a wonderful weekend xo

Vickie said...

Oh mY friend..beautiful work indeed and will be greatly treasured by the recipents...it was lovely to read that you got some stitching in..hmm sometimes others don't understand the need to stitch...cheers Vickie

Terry said...

Funny that he thought your hand sewing was work to you! LOL These little quilts will definitely make some little ones very happy! :0)

Betty Lou said...

Such a nice thing to do for little ones. You may never know who will receive them but they certainly will be appreciated and wrapped in love.

Merilyn said...

You have created some darling little quilts there Lyn, and yes a little hand sewing does soothe the soul! I sincerely hope all goes well for you both in the coming weeks, take care!!!!

retdairyqueen said...

Cute
I emailed you but it bounced back
Will write again soon xx