Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Update .....

Dia Duit, thankyou all for your prayers and thoughts for DH......we are now into the second week.....and recuperation.....DH had four discs fused......bones removed and a cage and plates put into place.....
I was expecting to bring him home last Saturday.....to my utter shock........he telephoned to say to bring him home Thursday morning........grin....I thought it may have been the pain relief he was on.......it put me into a spin......my days are full.....and have had sleepless nights........grin........I came up with a good way to shower him.....as the wound is healing........and he is in a  neck brace for six weeks.........a bucket and to rinse DH off with a watering can....works well....just need to figure out how to wash his hair.....I am itching to sew........but it will be on the backer burner for awhile......you will understand I will catch up with you all...soon.
Slãn, O'faigh

15 comments:

shez said...

so glad Lyn that hubby is doing well,take care.xx

julieQ said...

Thinking of you and your husband...

Betty Lou said...

Sending wishes for a speedy recovery for your DH and strength for you.

Terry said...

I'm glad to hear things are moving along and he's on the mend! :0)

Sisbabestitches said...

Thanks so much for the update. I have been hoping things went well, sounds like a huge ordeal.
Love the rinsing with a watering can, brilliant! No ideas for washing his hair though, love to hear what you invent, cos I am sure you will come up with something incredible.

Allie said...

Praying for the both of you sweetie, it's hard work watering a dh and keeping him clean, lol...sorry, I couldn't resist. You take all the time you need to take care of things, sweetie!

Cheryll said...

You have better things to do right now.. looking after hubby! Sewing will still be there later... and you'll enjoy it even more with a break! hugs.. xx

retdairyqueen said...

Have been thinking about you and still havent written Take care

Simone de Klerk said...

Glad to hear that DH is back home and that you found a good way to shower him.
Remember to take care of yourself too, dear Lyn! You have to do a bit of sewing to relax!!!

Merilyn said...

You have been in my thoughts over the past days, I'm pleased your DH is progressing, albeit slowly, each day another small step to recovery! I love your ingenuity, a watering-can LOL!!! who would have thought, I just hope the water is warm.... He must be so pleased to be home.....hospitals are no fun...take care you two!!!

shez said...

Hi lyn for some reason i couldnt email you,so i have to go through the comments section.Thankyou so much i have received 2 parcels from you today,havent had a chance to open yet as i have my 2 little grandies coming over and i am trying to quickerly tidy up.Hope hubby is doing well,mum is out of hospital now and slowly recovering,i will take her down to my sister's soon and i will find time to meet up with you again if thats okay with you.xx

shez said...

Hi again Lyn i have just realized that they are for my birthday so i will wait,thankyou so much.xx

Charlie and Wendy said...

So glad to hear your husband is improving, I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Carol said...

So glad to hear that DH is home and on the mend.

KaHolly said...

I'm trying to catch up on blogging this morning. I've been hiding under my Dresden Challenge quilt, trying to get it finished up in time to enter it. Glad to hear DH is home and on the mend.