Wednesday, 26 September 2012

A New Project.....Blue Choc

Dia Duit, inspiration for the fabrics came from Petra Prins book.....Treasures from Holland... in my stash I had a selection of  Reproduction fabrics in the blues, browns and creams ...
The night I pieced the Summer Star Miniature Quilt....I had the time to cut some of the blocks....

My thoughts were to place the blocks on point.....I found in my stash.....a piece of Hot for Chocolate by Betsy Chutchian.....started to stitch with this fabric....and then realised I would not have sufficient fabric to complete the sides of the quilt.......

Yesterday, when I was thinking about getting up....DH said to me...what are you doing today........my response was........I am worn out........a rest day........when I say the words....but I am thinking.......this is a warning to DH ....about what is to come.....grin

I said to DH you know the quilt I have started to work on.......I need to find some more of the fabric......how about I start with the lps.........and work out...........from there.........it was such a warm, beautiful Spring Day..........I could not resist...no matter how tired I was.....a patchwork shop fix was in order.....this is how my day panned out............

No luck locally, I said the next shop would be at Ballan........and failing that.......Threadbear at Castlemaine.....yes I lucked out at Millrose Cottage in Ballan........it was now one o"clock....do I travel on to Castlemaine or turn around for home.....DH was travelling ok.......little did I know he had an ulterior motive.....apparently he had been speaking to one of his car buddies...and there was a car they wanted checked out at Castlemaine........should have twigged....DH had an ulterior motive to head for Castlemaine.......

DH was able to check out the car....I made my way to Threadbear....but had problems......with finding the Hot for Chocolate....being and old range.......I scoured the shop.......made a selection of three fabrics.....one was too gold....the other a maeve brown..most of the brown fabrics in the shop...were the wrong shadings.........then found that my first choice was an excellent substitute......as time goes by...will have more to show of this quilt....

Slãn, O'faigh

5 comments:

Cheryll said...

Sounds like a nice day out,,,even though NOT the perfect fabric find. Still nice to be out I imagine! :)

shez said...

love the colours Lyn,lol,funny story.xx

Michelle said...

Sounds like a lovely day, thanks for comments on my blog I'm glad to hear DH is on the improve and I love the little star quilt you made it's so sweet!

Simone de Klerk said...

It sounds like you had a great day! I really had to laugh about DH actually wanting to go to Caslemaine but not telling...

Merilyn said...

The fabrics in your new project look wonderful Lyn! I've finally started to catch up on my blog reading and have now caught up with all your later posts. I'm so so way behind on everything!!!!
Glad to hear your DH is progessing well and that he may start back to work PT in November. Also nice to see you have been working on projects too, such a sanity saver!! I've not been up to much but have started on a baby quilt for a colleague and have done some prep work on my Summer quilt, which may end up being a winter one at this rate LOL! Hope all is well with you, doing OK up here!!!!