Saturday, 13 October 2012

12 inch Mini Club for Spring


The story behind my 12 inch Mini that I received from my partner Mrs C...... Thankyou so much Mrs C ......I love the little mini that you have made for me...we obviously have a shared interest in cars. Extract from The Christmas Beetle...                                                                              The theme was 'spring' and to me spring used to mean getting out our beloved beetle, Molly and go for a drive with the top down.
So I hand drew Molly and the appliqued it onto a white background.  I then hand embroidered some flower stems and little daisys.
The next step was to make some yoyo's to be used as the flowers themselves.  Molly is then framed with some hand drawn flowers with yoyo's in the centre.
I hope my swap buddy likes this little quilt and the story behind it.

I enjoyed reading the story behind my little quilt..thank you..Slãn, O'faigh

9 comments:

KaHolly said...

just adorable!! Your swap buddy put a lot of thought into her mini for you!! Very clever.

Michelle Ridgway said...

We were a beetle family for many years. I love your mini.

Christine M said...

I read Michele's post about this mini quilt. How lucky are you to be the recipient of it! It is just lovely.

Vickie said...

Wow wonderful job Mrs C did.that is sooooooooo you, cheers Vickie

julieQ said...

What a beautiful quilt to warm your heart!!

Cheryll said...

Isn't it the cutest MiNi for spring!!
Such a lovely thought to display too! Pleased you played along again too! :)

Sisbabestitches said...

So so cute, just makes me smile

Merilyn said...

Very cute little applique quilt! Of course I love Beetles, just got my old girl registered again for another year, I still get a kick out of driving her even after having her for nearly 35 years, but she only goes out on sunny days these days!!!!

Charlie and Wendy said...

It's a gorgeous little quilt and nice to hear the story too.