Friday, 12 October 2012

Escape Away.....two little Bundles.....

 Dia duit, last weekend I escaped for a quilting retreat with my friend Ness....it was the best...just what my soul needed.....as well as a mid week break to Old Dadswell Town...DH gift for me and to him for our Wedding Anniversary..... recuperation for DH and a rest for me....the picture above is the cottage we stayed in......the bakery.....well appointed.......Max and Jenny have done a marvellous job ...........on their property......there are several themed cabins as well as the town hall...where we enjoyed happy hour by a rip roaring fire......sadly we had to come home today.....we were well settled in our little bakery cabin......we thoroughly recommend Old Dadswell Town with Max and Jenny .... our hosts....who made us feel at home .....not only.....some more  news..............
 meet Spot and Molly......Spot is the tri colour puppy and little Molly the brown  puppy.....hmmmm....I think you may have guessed these little terrors...grin......I mean miniature foxie terriers will be making their home with us next week.......Max and Jenny's dog Jessie had four puppies........and little Spot was the only one not taken...........I understand these little ones will not replace our Monty.......over the past few days.....they have helped us heal.......last night Spot learnt how to bark.....Spot is the fatest pup and Molly the smallest.......when all four pups are together they are on an equal footing....I had forgotten how rough the little devils could be....biting ears...chewing legs......the picture above is their first walk in the bush....little Molly walked and run the whole way...whereas the other three had to rest......in our windcheaters...to get up enough steam to run again...from my words you can tell I have fallen in love with these little bundles....and can hardly wait until we  have them home next week....grin...saying that I maybe cussing when they start chewing things and digging holes in the lawn and garden.....
last but not least....it was the first time I saw wild orchids in the bush....the Grampians is well known for the wildflower season this time of year....pictured above is donkey ears orchid...which our hosts....kindly showed us ....many varities........I am well rested..........the best sleeps we have had in quite awhile............Slãn, O'faigh

12 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello,

Oh that place you stayed at Lyn looks so special as do your new companions.
Glad to hear you all had a well deserved break.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

retdairyqueen said...

Sounds like you had the best time You deserve it and pleased you are adding to your family xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your cabin is so sweet no wonder it was hard to leave. The puppies are darling. I am looking forward to visiting the Grampians one day....it's on our list.

Sisbabestitches said...

Looks like a stunning place to escape to. And the puppies, oh my, utterly gorgeous. Hope the restfullness continues a while.

Simone de Klerk said...

Oh Lyn, I am so very happy for you that you will soon have such sweet terrors in your home ;o) No pet can make up for Monty, but they can sure bring you happiness in your life!
Have you put everything safe already?
Have a great weekend!

Angie said...

Oh my, what a charming place for a quilt getaway---I'm jealous. :) And those adorable little puppies *squeals* my heart melts at the sight of puppies. These two look like barrels of fun. They are just too cute. :)

Merilyn said...

Oh my! What gorgeous little four legged treasures, they look to be just wonderful, so full of life and joy of living, they will certainly brighten up your lives, how could they not!!!!! That little cottage is so cute too, what a lovely place to stay and recharge! You'll be busy setting up the puppy nursery I'm sure, very exciting news!!!!!

Yvonne W said...

I think that you are going to have lots of fun time with Spot and Molly-- they look soooo cute!

Christine M said...

I love the cottage you stayed in O'faigh. Will have to check it out. Spot and Molly are just so cute. Two little puppies at once! They'll keep you busy.

KaHolly said...

Sounds as though you had a lovely time, a well needed get-away. What a cute little cabin! Were they all themed like that? New puppies? How wonderful! You'll be glad you got two. I feel that way about getting kittens, too. Then they have a best friend of their own kind!! Enjoy!

Vickie said...

awesomeness..well deserved..looks like a lovely relaxing place...gorgeous little bundles with four legs -they sure will keep you busyu--but such perfect couch companians too, cheers Vickie

Guðrún Á. Rögnvaldsdóttir said...

They are so cute!!!