Thursday, 15 November 2012

Little White One........

 Dia Duit, recently when I went on the Quilting Retreat...one of the ladies featured some of her collection of  Singer Featherweight Machines.......I was fortunate enough....a couple of years ago to pick up Kierra (pictured below.....Kierra meaning little dark one) from the Castlemaine Swap Meet...a dream to sew with....I pieced Gracies Quilt with her.....pictured above is Finnèn....Old Irish definition meaning....little white one.....
Two weeks ago...I was watching her on Ebay....and had the I wants so bad...I was keen to bid..but reluctant as now is not a good time to be spending...we are on a strict budget.....bless DH his words were.... when ever is it a good time...bid on the machine...if your are heart set on it.........it is hard to tell from a photograph.....but in my heart I knew the machine would be pristine.....it came from Canada....the person that had it on ebay....found it at the local Church Thrift Shop......yesterday we went in to town to purchase a stepdown transformer....a conversion to enable me to sew with her......which I hope to do this morning ......
Slañ, O'faigh

8 comments:

julieQ said...

How very cool that you found such a wonderful machine!! I am so glad...enjoy!

KaHolly said...

I have one just like yours! As a matter of fact, I'm bringing it on my travels with me this trip! Heaven forbid I get stuck somewhere without a sewing machine, ha, ha!!

shez said...

what a beauty Lyn,and how sweet of hubby.xx

Christine M said...

What a lovely little machine. Enjoy playing with her today!

Allie said...

How BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh Lyn I'm so very glad you got it. It's spectacular! Enjoy!

Charlie and Wendy said...

Both your machines look beautiful, enjoy!

Merilyn said...

Finnen is most definitely pristine looking, and I'm sure she'll sew like a dream!!! How very lucky to have her and a little companion for Kierra!!!! They are both wonderful!!!!!

Vickie said...

Both very lovely and well deserved..cheers Vickie