Monday, 14 January 2013

Little Rippa....some tlc and hard work was required..

Dia Duit, thankyou all for your emails to me...I am ok..life has been hectic.....personally and workwise...hope things will slow down over the next couple of weeks.... A story to tell....just after Christmas DH wanted to swap over some paint he had purchased....he bought the same as he had...a seniors moment I guess...the problem is when I am working...a bit hard to keep an eye on him...grin... On the Highway near home...we saw a small caravan for sale....on the way back from the paint exchange ...we stopped and had a look......all that was required was some elbow grease and refurbishment.....as you can see from the pics..there was alot of mould..on the pop top....walls to be washed down...the refrigerator was full of mould....new vinyl...curtains....some lavender polish on the woodwork.....new tyres....the flash on the side of the van repainted and pin striped....the kitchen table was missing....DH astounds me at times....he went to the local op shop and purchased a bedside cabinet and used the top to the make the little table.....DH is colour blind....he did so well with the colour choice......DH was unable to help in the cleaning process........I spent four days recovering the backs of the cushions and making new curtains.....the curtain fabric was an absolute bargain....prices at A$20- per metre reduced to A$4- a metre and finally at the check out....a mere A$2-80 per metre.... Also, the shingle welts have cleared but still having headaches, tiredness and nauseua...that is the least of my worries.....I had today off from work....but back into it tomorrow....hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas Season... Slãn, O'faigh...

9 comments:

Cheryll said...

Oh sounds like a bit of work but by the looks of it... so worth it! You'll have a great time away in your van. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Hopefully back to full strength very soon! :)

Vickie said...

well scored indeed..and you have her shining like new-well done...lovely to see you finding the time ot make a post in your hctic schedule,cheers Vickie

shez said...

what fun you will have with this Lyn,well done it looks fantastic.xx

marina said...

wow what a makeover. Does this mean you guys will be hitting the road?
love your charm stars quilt, it looks so pretty.

retdairyqueen said...

The van looks great You will have so much fun with it

Merilyn said...

Nice to read a post from you!! You two did a great job tidying up with little caravan! So.....do you have some travelling in your future LOL!!!! Looks very cosy!! Glad to hear your shingles has cleared up! Take care!

Terry said...

You guys did a great job on it! It looks brand new! :0)

Simone de Klerk said...

So happy to see you are back. And, what a wonderful job you and DH did on the caravan! It's like new again. Fantastic. Hope you have many happy vacations in it.
Glad your shingles is over. Was worried about you, as we didn't hear from you for such a long time!

KaHolly said...

Oh, I love it!!! I stay in a camping trailer when I'm here visiting my daughter. I love having my own space, and I get to go camping whenever I want!!