Friday, 18 January 2013

The Makings of Dear Jane Cheater Cloth

Dia Duit, you may remember I went on Quilting Camp last October....most of the ladies had gorgeous place mats,mug bags, sewing bags of all shapes and sizes....when it came to handing in our placements.....I didnot have time to make one....so gave one of my cork placemats....the lass gave me a funny look...what they do is put everyone's placemat in a basket and when it comes to mealtime...the placemats are set out in different spots...a great way of making new friends and catching up with old friends.... I decided this year when I go to camp....to have a matching set of everything....grin...in my stash I had some Dear Jane Cheater Cloth.....I asked Ness to quilt it for me......the pic above shows what I have made......these projects were waiting for handles and buttons.....finally last night I was able to finish them off. Slãn, O'faigh

12 comments:

Christine M said...

They look great O'faigh. I haven't seen that fabric before. That sounds like a great idea putting the placemats in different places so you sit with different people each time.

shez said...

they look fantastic lyn,well done and i also love the idea with the placemats.xx

retdairyqueen said...

Looking good
Fun idea
When are you off to quilt camp
Wish I could come with you

Terry said...

They all look great! :0)

Simone de Klerk said...

How fun is that! Love them all.
Happy weekend

Merilyn said...

A lovely way to use the cheater cloth!! You did a fine job with your pieces, well done!! Enjoy quilt camp, wish I could go too!!!

Cheryll said...

They are ALL gorgeous. I bet no-one else will have a set to MATCH their place mat! Well done!!! :)

Sisbabestitches said...

Your set looks lovely! And now you are all ready for the next camp :)

Vickie said...

special..you is such a clever one..well done,cheers Vickie

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

They look great. well done

Ros said...

Just wondered where you got the cheater cloth from as I would love some
Ros

Guðrún Á. Rögnvaldsdóttir said...

Next time you go to quilt camp they will envy you.