Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Thursday, 21 March 2013

A Much needed Short Break....overwhelmed with my Birthday Wishes/Gifts

 Dia Duit, a much needed short break ..to Port Fairy.. late last week and home on Monday..when we arrived home ...I was grumpy......it has been the first time in eighteen months...that I have been able to sit and relax..to be home again meant....work work work .....alas I have no motivation for sewing....maybe through the winter months........this picture was taken at dusk...with a storm brewing.....I was intrigued with the carvings in this tree........
 a warm thankyou to everyone............I have been overwhelmed with your kindness for my birthday......and thoroughly spoilt..........simply the best...........
 from Illene my BBBF..................
From Terry a long time BBBF........
 from Ness............she knows my love of felt and Christmas....
 from the Birthday Club Girls......there is no excuse now not to make my red and white quilt....with the abundance of reds....thankyou.....thankyou...........so generous of you all...
I had been checking ebay for sometime for the bigger sister to my Singer featherweights......the 301........normally they are black.........I saw the black and tan one.....a little different.....next on my list will be to find the attachments for it.....I understand it is a good machine for machine quilting...........
When I went into work this morning............so many Birthday Wishes...hugs and kisses..... from my workmates.....I was trying to keep a low profile....grin......it has been the best birthday.....one could ask for......thankyou once again....my apologies for not responding to your kind comments and emails....I will get there...just not enough hours in the day.......
Slãn, O'faigh

10 comments:

Maria said...

It's a shame your break wasnot long eenough,maybe next time..
You were very spoilt for your birthday with lots of goodies from your friendds and so many great red and whites from the FQ swap girls...

Terry said...

I'm glad to see your gift arrived safe and sound! :0)

shez said...

so glad you got a break away Lyn and i am so glad you had a wonderful birthday.xx

barb's creations said...

Glad to hear you had a lovely birthday :) Barb.

Simone said...

Happy birthday to you. Looks like some great presents given to you. Hope you had a great day.

Christine M said...

Glad you had a lovely birthday O'faigh. So many lovely birthday goodies. Looks like the Birthday Fat Quarter Club has managed once again not to double up of any fabrics! Yes, there's not excuse no for not making your red and white quilt!

Merilyn said...

Happy Birthday Lyn!!!! I didn't know it was your birthday, I don't have a record of it anywhere, so sorry!!!! What wonderful giftys, and I just love your new old sewing machine!!! I have a 301a, it is black, and has a short bed, as does yours. Being a slant shank, you have plenty of room to see what you are sewing. If you can obtain genuine attachments that would be great, some of the newer repro ones don't do as good a job, so bear that in mind. Your bobbins are the same as for the FW! These were made in Anderson, South Carolina, difficult to find out the year of manufacture as all those records were destroyed when the factory closed down, sad to have lost so much history, but your machine will have a serial number on the underside of the machine. The cases are awesome too, made from a woven reed/flax type material. Hope you have many hours of wonderful sewing on your new baby. Here is a website you may find helpful. www.Featherweight221.com
Dave McCullum is an expert with FW's and 301's, he also sells attachments, and I believe there is a walking foot too!! Good luck, and again Happy Birthday!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday.

julieQ said...

I am still filling your box, Lyn!! I sincerely hope your day was wonderful!!! I am at work the next 6 days...

Allie said...

Oh I am so behind, I've missed your birthday - I hope it was wonderful, sweetheart - Port Fairy sounds absolutely enchanting, I would love to go there. Your gifties are all so beautiful, enjoy!!!