About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Sunday, 3 March 2013

The Change of Heart Quilt......

 Dia Duit, three years ago, I participated in an online BOM.....the colour scheme was for DD house....however....after I finished the blocks....DD had a change of heart with her colour scheme ....for twelve months......the blocks sat in my cupboard....
I decided this year, that I have to finish some of my long term projects.......when DD moves into her new home.........I will redecorate her old room with a brass bed and this quilt....
 this would be my favourite block......it consists of approx 121 pieces....all those seams were a pain in the butt.......
 another two of my favourites.........
 
I love the simplicity of the chocolate sashings....
Slãn, O'faigh

8 comments:

marina said...

beautiful quilt. Your daughters loss is your gain. It's a gorgeous quilt.

Christine M said...

Your quilt is gorgeous O'faigh. It will look lovely on the brass bed.

shez said...

wow Lyn this quilt is gorgeous,i love the colours,well done on a beautiful finish.xx

julieQ said...

It is such a pretty quilt! I am glad you got it out from the cupboard and got it done!

Cheryll said...

It's gorgeous!!!! And will look sooo much better in your house...lol :)

Vickie said...

gorgeous seeing it all together...love it..just like I love my pink and brown one on our bed...great idea to pop it in her old room..cheers Vickie

retdairyqueen said...

Your daughter doesn't know what she is missing. Gorgeous Love the colours

Charlie and Wendy said...

Its gorgeous, such a beautiful quilt and I love the colours. A wonderful finish!!