Saturday, 27 April 2013

A Short Break home for the puppies.....

 Dia Duit, DH, Spot, Molly and I were fortunate this week...... to have a short break at Old Dadswell Town...Max and Jenny were wonderful hosts ....their (dog) Jess is the mother of Spot and Molly.....the picture above is a view of the Northern End of the Grampians...please note this post has quite a few pics...to show our oversea's friends part of our native bush.....and for us Aussie's how dry it is...there has been little rainfall .....very hot during the Summer months ....the weather was very mild....but we still had a beautiful, rip roaring fire of a night in the Town Hall.....
Here is the puppies playground.......alot of fun jumping on top of the log and running through the hollow in the log.....
the cabin we stayed in................
 beautiful and warm and no need for heating...due to the position of the cabin and the sun....
 time for a nap....
 280 acres of bush......many walking tracks.......
 picking up the scent of the rabbits..........

 you can see by this picture how dry the countryside is.....
 I was surprised to find Native Holly growing through the bush...
 I have a yearning to have a black boy or grass tree as they are called in my sandstone pots ...at our front door.....I was talking to Max and these ones in the pictures are hundreds of  years old...they only grow a smidgen each year.........he said to me they do not transplant very well.....one of our local markets have them for sale....and I was tempted...but decided not to........and leave the original Ponytail plants....... that I have  in the pots...
 the puppies with their Mum......Jess tolerated the puppies but would not acknowledge them.....I felt heartbreak for little Molly.....she never stopped trying to coax her mother into acknowledging her....not to be....Spot did not worry.......
A couple of stories.....on the way to our destination....I noticed Spot was squinting his right eye....we thought maybe Molly scratched his eye......when we got up Tuesday morning he was crying....so we went to the closest small town.....found the local vet...thankfully they were wonderful to us....I found it hard to let go of Spot ...he had a very small twig embedded into the cornea of his eye.....we left Molly with Jenny.....apparantly while we were gone ....she sat at the front door and howled the whole time we were gone......I realized that is was the first time she had been separated from us......they had to do Spots operation in between their busy schedule.......does any one have a remedy for car sickness ...as little Molly suffers from this...we have tried everything.....when we went back to pick up Spot we took Molly.......for some tablets...unfortunately it didnot work...as we could not get her to swallow the tablet.....

It was wonderful to see the puppies run free in the bush and not tethered to a leash....they loved it.....each morning they would sit at the front door wanting to go for a run.......I think DH and I  had run out of steam before them.....they didnot stray too far from us........however saying that ......once they got the taste of freedom...it came back to bite me.....grin....
during the second night ....I was in my slippers and nightie......they wanted to go out for a wee..........I did not put them on the lead....yes....they nicked off in the bush......their was moonlight.....I could not see them for dust....little blighters....I could not yell.....as there were other guests in the cabins.....eventually they came back.......next night they were on the lead.....no second chances...
I hope your enjoyed my post......Slãn, O'faigh

6 comments:

Carol said...

The puppies have grown they look adorable. Glad you had a lovely break with DH.
Love and Blessings Carol

Christine M said...

How nice to get away. When I have to give the dogs a tablet, depending on it's size, I either break it up or leave it whole and put it in a blob of jam. Tablets are then gone in a second or two!

Merilyn said...

A lovely post!!! Gosh those two little scamps have grown a lotLOL!!!
Old Dadswell Town looks wonderful, I love those little cabins, so quaint!! I hope Spot's eye is healing alright, poor little thing, it was fortunate that there was a vet close by, it must have been painful for him!!!
The landscape does look awfully dry, I didn't realise that there hasn't been much rain down that way, goodness knows we've had our fair share of it over the past few months, so really enjoying the sunny weather lately!!!!
It must have been nice to get away for a few days, especially to a dog friendly place, they would have just loved the freedom!!!!

Cheryll said...

Ohhh sounds like a wonderful time out. You found a great place for some relaxing and puppy fun! Great post with lots of great pic's. :)

Sisbabestitches said...

The dogs would have had a ball with so much room to run around. Fabulous pictures, it is so very dry, very little rain to speak of here either. Great post full of lovely stories :)

Mrs Shepo said...

Sounds like you all had a great time Lyn, except for the vet visit, just great to get away for a break, here in western NSW we have not seen rain for many months as well, costing a fortune just keeping the garden alive. Lovely read, Cheers.XX