Credit for Background Design

Credit to Evelyn Flint for Background Design

Sunday, 28 April 2013

Farmers Wife Quilt - time to finish a long term project

 Dia Duit, the photo doe snot do the blocks justice.....such a dull day for taking photograph's....pictured above is the top half of the quilt....I realise now I should have not added the white on white fabric in the blocks.......I still need to make another nine blocks for the lap size quilt.......I have cream fabric with a burgundy fleck to add as the corner stone's and triangles......
I am hoping before dinner to piece some more rows...
Slañ, O'faigh

6 comments:

Christine M said...

Your blocks are coming along nicely O'faigh.

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your Farmers wife is looking lovely, such a lot of work!

julieQ said...

Beautiful!!

Merilyn said...

If you hadn't pointed out the white tone on tone fabrics in the blocks, I wouldn't have noticed them!!! The red sashing separates things well, I think the blocks look fine and this will be just a lovely quilt!!!!
You've done well with these blocks!! A nursing friend at work is still making hers and she's handpieced quite a number to start with, then discovered the secrets of using her new sewing machine, the rest is history....LOL!!! I have the book, but never got round to any of the blocks.....yet......

Vickie said...

lovely...was only thinkin today if I don't get back to my blocks soon I will make a table runner out of them..and now i have seen your gorgeousness I am prepared to make a few more blocks, cheers Vickie

Anthea said...

It looks amazing to me, O'Faigh... so clever to piece all those blocks, best of luck with finishing it to your liking x