About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Friday, 21 June 2013

Calling for Small Project Idea's

Dia Duit, DH has spent the last two weeks in hospital, with another week to go...some time home and then admitted again...

DH has a kind heart and asked me to meet with the Ocupational Therapist, yesterday when I visited at the Rehab. Hospital, as they wish to start up A Craft Group.Not sure of the funding issues???

The projects need to be for a half hour stints. The Patients age group varies from the very young to the elderly, with all sorts of ailments and injuries.

So far, I have come up with scrapbooking, cardmaking, small felt projects, Christmas Items with foam balls and Christmas Tree Shapes.

But now, I am stumped, can  you kindly comment on this post, with other idea's. My thought processes are not what they usually are, I have been under a huge strain,these past weeks, and would appreciate  your thoughts.

SlaƱ, O'faigh

11 comments:

marina said...

sorry to hear hub has been in hospital. Hope he is recovering.
will put my thinking cap on and if I come up with anything will let you know.

Bev C said...

Hope this goes well, obviously things that are done by hand would be better. Knitting and crochet items could be made. Felt Christmas ornaments, bookmarks. The Craft Gossip and Tipnut sites have some great small projects.

Best wishes to your family.
Bev.

julieQ said...

Maybe crocheting? A small dishcloth would have a good start in half an hour?

Cheryll said...

Fingers crossed for DH that he'll be home soon and back to health again!
I'll put my thinking cap on and get back to you with some ideas. :)

retdairyqueen said...

Oh My Friend Does it ever end Thinking of you both xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Thinking of you. Hope all is improving. hugs xx

Merilyn said...

Sorry to hear that your DH is still in hospital, hope that things work out for him and that when he next comes home he can stay home!
All your ideas a good ones, what about some knitted and crochet items, someone else mentioned dishcloths, how about those crochet ends for handtowel (one end of the handtowel has to be gathered a bit), so you can attach them to the handrail of the oven, or kitchen cupboard knobs, needs a button to make the loop hold. I hope you get a few more ideas! Take care.....

katherine said...

Crochet and or knitted squares to make lap blankets out of for rehab patients to use. If it is a charity thing you might be able to get donated yarn from some of the knitting mills. Stitching smallish designs that could be made into little xmas decorations too.

katherine said...

Crochet and or knitted squares to make lap blankets out of for rehab patients to use. If it is a charity thing you might be able to get donated yarn from some of the knitting mills. Stitching smallish designs that could be made into little xmas decorations too.

Vickie said...

I was going to say card stitching (like where you punch holes in cardboard-for younger ones) but I guess that comes under card making-I am not getting many blog feeds yours included..grr too blogger & big hugs to you and hubby ,cheers Vickie

KaHolly said...

How about some candy crafts? There are lots of cute ideas out there.