Sunday, 28 July 2013

A Quick Creative Baby Shower Gift

 Dia Duit, in Friday's post I received an invite to a family member's Baby Shower. It has been a long time for me, for baby things. All my friends, children are adults. As my time is limited now. I was wondering what to take as a gift. The young ones these days, have different idea's. I guess I am old fashioned kinda of girl, when it comes to babies.
Yesterday, while grocery shopping, I picked up the disposable nappies, ribbon, rubber bands and an assortment of baby things. Naturally I went a little over board...grin...as you will see in the following pictures...I googled a how to make a Diaper Cake and acknowledge wikihow at this address...http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Diaper-Cake.I will let my pictures tell the words, but ,the link gives you a step by step, on how to make the Diaper Cake.








As you can see, from the last picture, I had enough nappies and baby essentials to make another smaller Diaper Cake. I enjoyed making them, and found them quick and easy to do.
Slañ, O'faigh

8 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Looks nearly good enough to eat !!

Simone Harding said...

This looks amazing. I bet the mum to be will love it.

Christine M said...

I love your "cake" O'faigh. Very clever of you!

Allie said...

Spectacular presentation - what a great idea!!!!

Merilyn said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! What a wonderful creation, I mean really amazing!!!!! Never would I have thought to make a cake out of nappies, I love it, what a great baby shower gift!!!!!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I love your "Cake" such a clever idea. hugs

KaHolly said...

Oh, Lynn, it is absolutely adorable!! You did a great job. I'm sure she really enjoyed unwrapping such a beautiful gift.

KaHolly said...

Oops, I spelled your name wrong....Lyn. Lyn. One 'n'. Lyn.