About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Turn Something Old into Something New Again

 Dia Duit, in between helping DH with many appointments, I have managed to source an old Cigar Box. My usual sources and haunts have dried up, hence my search, in the States. A grandson, was cleaning up his Grandpa's Estate and found the cigar box, which he placed on Ebay, I was fortunate enough to purchase.
Upon, my travels, I search out vintage sewing items, but they too are becoming scarce. I love working with felt and especially the little sewing set, I have put together.
Another treasure box, renewed again.
Slañ, O'faigh

9 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a lovely treasure. It is so nice that it has found a lovely new purpose and life.

shez said...

how lovely Lyn,love the blue doiley,very pretty,have a lovely day my friend.xx

Christine M said...

Your little treasure box looks full of gorgeous vintage goodies!

katherine said...

Your box looks lovely.

Merilyn said...

What a great old cigar box, and nice to have it to store your precious sewing bits. I love the doiley, I used to make them years ago and still like to use them!!!!

Sue B said...

I love your treasure box. I search for an buy vintage quilting and sewing notions too, it takes me back to when I was a little girl and used to play with my nannys sewing box, such treasures to behold.

Charlie and Wendy said...

A wonderful treasure, it looks lovely with your sewing notions.

Cheryll said...

Oooohhhh looks wonderful Ofaigh! :) Some nice little treasures in there I'm sure! :)

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Another lovely treasure. I am in love with mine and have it proudly out on display. thank you xx