About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Sunday, 8 September 2013

A Challenge.....




Dia Duit, last October when Ness and I went to camp, the challenge for this year was to knit 8 inch squares in garter stitch, to be made into blankets for the children in Africa.

My Swap Buddy for the Santa Sack Swap, this year, is Katherine from Rose Cottage.

I enjoy Katherine's blog, which inspired me to take up the Challenge. The squares had to be made in pure wool. Each month, while watching the telly of a night, I would knit a square...I chose moss stitch......

Lincraft was having a sale on books, and I found two knitting books, one with socks and another with cardigans and jumpers.

Some years back, I was given a pair on hand knitted socks, they were my absolute favourites, so I am in the throes of knitting a pair of socks.

SlaƱ, O'faigh

6 comments:

Allie said...

What a lovely, lovely thing to do Lyn, and so pretty! I can't wait to learn to knit, hopefully this winter. I would love to make socks, but probably wouldn't be able to wear them - because of the neuropathy in my feet, I need to wear special diabetic socks, even though I'm not diabetic.

retdairyqueen said...

My absolute favourites too I have a pair I love Wish I could knit myself some but Iam not a good knitterxx

marina said...

beautiful throw!
all these fantastic socks popping up in blogland.

Merilyn said...

Love your Moss Stitch knitted squares and the colours you chose too!!! I love Moss Stitch, it is a nice stable stitch for these blanket squares. Also enjoyed the story about your Mum too!!! Good for her!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Lyn

Ness and you are to be congratulated, your throw looks lovely, the tension is perfect.
Have fun making up the socks.
Happy days.
Bev.

katherine said...

Some beautiful squares you have knitted and I love the start of your socks too. They are going to be fantastic on the feet lol.