About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Friday, 6 September 2013

Farmers Wife Quilt.....Yahoo....A Finish..........








Dia Duit, at long last a finish. I read an article some time ago, what do with half finished projects. We all start out with good intentions, and then something bigger and brighter comes along.
In each of the Farmers Wife blocks I used a much loved reproduction fabric from the early 1800's. The purchase of this fabric was made with little sister on an epic journey to one patchwork shop....some 530 km's later.
Initially, it was to be a queen size quilt but I opted for a generous size lap quilt.
That was the suggestion in the article I read, or give the project away to some one who would finish it...I chose the later...
Slãn, O'faigh

8 comments:

julieQ said...

How exciting! Your quilt is gorgeous!!

Christine M said...

Your quilt is gorgeous O'faigh. You'll have to bring it to Mill Rose for show and tell. I'd love to see it in person.

Michelle Ridgway said...

It is beautiful well done...glad you opted to finish it.

marina said...

what a beautiful finish!
well done.
I like the option you have taken.

Merilyn said...

I love your generous lap size Farmers Wife quilt top. Those blocks are gorgeous, beautiful colours!! Well done, it has turned out very well even though it wasn't what you had planned!!! It must be a relief to have this project 'put to bed' so to speak, because that's probably where it'll end up LOL!!!!

Allie said...

Oh my goodness Lyn it's just gorgeous - I love it!!! This is a treasure!!!

katherine said...

It looks fantastic Ofaigh. I am slowly plugging away on my blocks too. Sewing is more of a summer project for me and I might also elect for a large lap quilt or topper for our queen bed.

Vickie said...

Having seen this in progress for real I know how gorgeous it is..I love it and you have done a magnificent job,cheers Vickie