About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Monday, 2 September 2013

Some Valued Input needed.......



Dia Duit, I have two and a half blocks of the Girls Day Out Quilt to stitch. I think the borders on the quilt in the pattern is too busy, for me. I thought I might border all the blocks with the navy/gold print fabric and stitch together. Maybe the outer border in a dusty lemon/pink and then the navy/gold print fabric as the final border.My thought was to make the stitchery blocks standout and I would value your input, to my idea with this one. SlaƱ, O'faigh

5 comments:

Merilyn said...

I have had a close look at what you have on your design wall, and notice that your centre panel has a frame. I assume you have already done this one, so in answer to your question, regarding the other panel pieces, yes, I think that framing them would be a good idea! I love the dark print you have chosen, this would provide some clear delineation between your pieces. You could even consider the dark frame to be very narrow, then a slightly wider frame in light or dark pink. Either way the small pieces do need to stand out and that is obviously what you are trying to achieve!!! Have a play, even do a sketch with coloured pencils to see how this will look. Good luck with this.......

Allie said...

I like it - cut a few strips and see! I think it would look great.

shez said...

that sounds good to me Lyn,its looking gorgeous,i must start a block soon ,i am not good with big projects.xx

Anthea said...

O'Faigh I have not the know-how with this, but I just wanted to say that the rest of it is looking amazing... and I am sure that you will end up with fabrics you are happy with. x

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your blocks look gorgeous and your idea for finishing sounds lovely.