About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Aurelia's Journey Quilt - sewing satisfaction


Dia Duit, it paid to leave the Bear Paw block, until this morning, went together like a breeze, unsure what I was up to yesterday, with it...grin...

Block 20 - Homefront - I used the starch method applique with this block and applied the pieces with milafilament thread.

Block 13 - Dog - I was successful with the previous block using milafilament thread, however, my machine, decided, it was not going to applique this one.....I had the right bobbin thread...comparable to the top thread....after several tries....gave up...and went back to using cotton thread.....

Block 11 - Drunkard's Path - I thoroughly enjoyed piecing this block together...I used the starch method applique....and top stitched the quarter circle....quite happy with the way this one turned out...all learning for me...
Block 12 - House - I realized once I foundation pieced this block....the front door and part of the roof...look like an arrow - may redo this one or applique a narrow border to differinate the pieces.. still undecided what to take to camp...would love to take this project.....but do not wish to lug my sewing machine .....the choice will be Girls Day Out or Colonial Rose made of a zillion hexies... SlaƱ, O'faigh

3 comments:

Christine M said...

You could take both projects and do a bit of each! Or just wait to see what takes your fancy!

Merilyn said...

All your blocks are beautiful!!!! You have achieved quite a bit lately. I hope your Quilt Camp goes well!!!!!

marina said...

such beautiful blocks and the fabrics are gorgeous!
well done on taming that bear paw!