About Me

My photo
A Quilter's Journey. I have become a piecer of quilts. The part I love the most is choosing a design, the colour/fabric selection, then piecing.

Thursday, 7 November 2013

A Quilter's Dream - Preview Night of the Houston Quilt Festival, 2013

Dia Duit, for many years, I have had a yen to travel to the United States. My dream came true, that is where I have been over the past three weeks. Fall, such a pretty, pretty time of year. I have had to review my dislike of yellow and green and very rarely use them in my quiltings, but have always had a fondness of cream, chocolate and orange. My fabric choices, have been along these colourways. I have so much tell and no wish to be boring. A highlight of our time in Houston, was to go to the Quilt Festival with my sweet, sweet friend Julie. We have been friends for six years, and to meet in person, was extra special. SlaƱ, O'faigh

9 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Welcome to the U.S. and I hope that you had a wonderful time in Houston at the quilt festival. Will look forward to reading about your trip.

Christine M said...

How exciting for you O'faigh. It must be the most exciting place to visit.

marina said...

lucky, lucky you!!!
hopefully I will hear some of your travel tales next week

retdairyqueen said...

Have been wondering where you were Pleased you got to fulfil your dream xx

Merilyn said...

I've been thinking about you lately and wondering how you were, so glad you had a nice time at the Houston Quilt Festival!!!! How nice to meet up with a sewing friend as well. I hope we hear more about your wonderful trip!!!!

Cheryll said...

Oh WOW... that's just so wonderful for you ! And then to meet a special friend just added so much more! Enjoy your trip! :)

Anthea said...

I would love to hear more, not boring at all, O'faigh!!
What a wonderful experience for you & to spend time with a like-minded friend too... I hope that you feel some wonderful new inspiration and energy now for your sewing & maybe we shall see some different colour choices from you... maybe?! x

Allie said...

Can you see me madly waving from here?????? I'm only about 30 hours north of you by car!

Vickie said...

So happy for you that this trip was made possible for you..glad you got to meet Julie,cheers Vickie