Saturday, 4 January 2014

On A Roll with Gift Making and came to a Screeching Halt..........


Dia Duit, I have been enjoying these past days with sewing some mini quilts for forthcoming gifts. I enjoyed how the Suffolk Puff Wreath Quilt came together, and have started to machine quilt my small projects.I have worked out a system so they won't pucker at the back of the quilt, so far so good.


While rummaging around in my stash boxes, I came across the Kimono Lady template, which I had drawn on iron on vilene. The pattern came from Virginia Enrights book Tiny Treasures. I started hunting for the book, for the life of me I cannot find it. I love the rust/navy combination. The Outer Border is a vintage fabric I purchased from Kyo which sells vintage Japanese fabrics.Seriously having a seniors moment..and to think years back in my banking career I was spot on.....grin...
On the net I found a delightful Christmas Tree Wall Hanging, another rummage in my stash, I started cutting merrily away, motivation was high, until I ran out of the fabric. Drat and Bother. A quick dash this morning to the LPS, and now have lost my motivation. So cross. It has been a long time since I had the pleasure of sewing to my hearts content.. SlaƱ, O'faigh

6 comments:

shez said...

It will come back and love the projects you have made,well done O'Faigh.xx

katherine said...

Love the minis and I am sure you will find your motivation again quickly.

julieQ said...

OH, sorry you ran out of the fabric you needed! You are making such great progress...sometimes when the mojo leaves me, I just sit down and do it anyway...and the mojo comes back!!

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your mini quilts are beautiful. I'm sure your motivation will come back soon!

Farm Gate Creations said...

Cute mini's, I'm sure that your mojo will return soon.

Sisbabestitches said...

Your projects are looking lovely. Really love the japanese quilt :) Best of luck keeping hold of the enthusiasm when you get it back again :)